Back To Digging Everything..

Eric you should point out that the smaller gold colour coin is a $2 and the larger ones are a $1 coin. At least NZ have got the size right. I have found that there is a lot more $2 coins that $1 at most of the beaches that I have done. Back in the 1980s when detecting was new it was a contest to see who got to $100 first the wife or me.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, geof_junk said:

I have found that there is a lot more $2 coins that $1 at most of the beaches that I have done.

Very true, I've often thought the same.. everyone seems to lose the little buggers.. That's half the reason I kept going into 'coin mode', all those 2 dollar coins add up quick.. it feels like the detector is paying for itself with some dollars left over for a case of beer at the end of the week.. It's rarer to find jewellery (but always a bigger buzz) and most of my finds I've given away, it's been a bit like 'if the ring fits she was obviously meant to wear it'.. but i'll be hanging onto the necklace a bit longer, not that'll wear it but because it's chunky and heavy and gold.. and bragging rights at the pub! 😃 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This digging everything malarkey is working out well.. here's some more finds over the last few days.. the best one is the silver 1 florin - 2 shilling coin (King George 1912).. I had no idea there was such a coin.. another great find was the other butterfly brooch, just like the one I found a few months back.. they've got to be a pair.. there was also a Ripcurl watch and a radio from a weather balloon..  

Downloads.jpg

Downloads3.jpg

IMG_20210518_142409.jpg

IMG_20210525_092640.jpg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Interesting variety on that hunt !

Thanks rvpopeye, these finds were over a few days at different bays around the island.. the coin was at a place i've called the 'silver mine' where i was trying out my new 15'' Coiltex coil on my Foxy Noxy.. early days yet but it does seem to punch a bit deeper than the largest Minelab coil, at least on the beach.. also found a few silver 'ram's head' shillings and an assortment of 6 and 3 pence.. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2021 at 2:03 AM, Erik Oostra said:

It’s really made me wonder what else I’ve left behind.

Not a lot of things, unless lower Id between multiple highers...

• 2 weeks later...

Even digging everything can be productive if you are in an area that is good.

Nice finds and keep up the good work.