Confused About My Next Detector

Well said Steve. This really does help narrow it down. I guess the interesting part of the TDI was the selector switch to effectively hone in on either low tones or high. From your response it does not seem to be a large enough factor to sway me away from the GMT. Your right about always looking for the next great detector to come along. The CZX can wait until I'm ready to look at it rather than the other way around. I want to thank everyone for the information you have given me. The amount of info on this Web site is massive. I have spent many hours reading and trying to take it.

Rick

• Like 1

Nevada1616

If you thinking about buying Makro Gold Racer from Turkey or the Nokta fors Gold Plus go for it. I have the Nokta Fors Gold Plus but was defective out of the box. I said something on here about my trouble and they came to my aide. The first part didn't fix it but they paid shipping both ways. then sent the other the control box and that was the fix. Again they paid shipping both ways. Like said they paid it all and I wasn't out one cent..

Makro and Nokta is one in the same company that came about when the two brothers came  together.

I don't care what detector you buy. Your detector won't be any better until you learn all about what it can do. Then get out there and do it over and over again.

Lots of people may not believe this but when you get to the point of what I said above. Then and only then you will be one with your detector. Always think positive thinking the next swing is going to be a nugget. In my case that was what I was doing coin hunting today.

Now don't go and tell this to anyone when nugget hunting. If you come on dirt that has fallen out of a bulldozer tracks in the field check that dirt with your detector. I found two two gram nuggets doing that.

The best

Chuck 

• Like 1

The best asset to detecting gold is good places to go where you stand a good chance of finding yellow, as Steve already stated. I have personally seen many many people buy really nice detectors and go a few times and never have any luck. They usually have good used sales on these detectors. If someone loaned me a radio shack detector tomarrow, I could go find some gold more then likely cause I have done extensive research and miles and miles of walkabouts. If a person does that then any detector will work. I have used dozens of different detectors before but currently I favor the Nokta/ makro line of detectors, but that is just peronal choice. I hope you find the detector that your looking for and find some gold.

Good luck!

Wow more good info guys! Your Right nothing beats getting out there and covering ground. I have done weeks of research while gathering the money to buy my detector. I think there are a couple spots I will prospect first. There is some good history at these locales. When I purchase my detector I will certainly post it here so everyone can decide whether or not I made a good decision for themselves. Thanks again.

An old nugget shooter gave me this advice once when I told him I'd just bought a detector, and it has proven golden: he said to put the detector manual on the bedside table and to read it every night before going to sleep. I was amazed at the things I thought I knew about my detector back then (and its capabilities), how to operate it, what to do and not to do when nugget hunting, etc., amazed that is in how much I'd missed during my initial readings of the manual.

Every winter, I bust out my manuals again, make notes, write annotations in the manual, and compare what the manual is telling me as contrasted to what I've been doing with the detector before that annual freeze-up hits. I still pick up things by using his method of rereading the manual even though I'm no longer new to my machines.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1