Preferred Detecting Hat(s)

I ordered 3 sunblock long sleeve shirts off Amazon all just generic brands the two cheaper ones have been delivered they were under $20, I love them. They are cool and lightweight the fabric is soft and breathable perfect for the hot Las Vegas summer heat.

On another note the Stingray hat was delivered somehow they wound up charging me $90 not sure how that happened, but no matter because it’s a really nice $10 hat  that was sent folded in half scrunched up in a plastic baggie so the brim has a strange bend you can’t correct... needless to say the hats being returned for a refund.

3 hours ago, Swegin said:

Clark look into the DOC's hat.  It's not the sexiest looking hat but it does keep it you cool and keeps the sun off and nowhere near $90 LOL

Thanks, I will Doc always has stuff that works, 👍.

The hat I wore in N. Sudan Africa to protect myself from the intense sun and unrelenting heat.

Attractive?  Not exactly the adjective that I would use to describe this hat.  Functional?  You bet.

This hat, is completely size adjustable via an elastic band that secures in the back with a Velcro® type hook and loop closure.  The hat is made of very soft t-shirt like material that absorbs moisture while it protects you from direct sunlight because of a SPF rating of 50.

Do you know how your ears get so sweaty and damp when wearing a pair of headphones in the summer?  Well this hat really helps.

Wearing your headphones over the material does not interfere with the sound at all.  But what it does do is it wicks the moisture away from your ears.  The cloth, covering your ears, directs the moisture out of the headphone cup.  It seeps under the headphone cup to the exterior where it evaporates.  This actually helps keep your ears dry and comfortable.

The Detector Protector hat also has numerous Velcro® type tabs stitched at strategic locations so you can close the neck protector portion around the front of your neck, place part of it over your nose and mouth.  Or you can tab it in the back on those over cast days where you don’t need so much protection.  Or gather it in the back and pull it through the elastic loop in the back to get it completely off of your neck.

Obviously this  “DP” hat was not designed to make a fashion statement.  But it will protect you from the sun and allow you to detect in more comfort than you have ever experienced with any other hat.

https://docsdetecting.com/product/protector-detector-hat-protect-your-skin-extremely-comfortable-with-headphones/

20190219_152226-300x300.jpg

https://docsdetecting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/sudan-slider.jpg

20190214_154610-300x300.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Yeah, this hat isn't pretty attractive but when you visit such places like North Sudan it doesn't really matter. I've visited North Sudan last year because I work as a journalist and they sent me to make a good report about the situation in the country. Their capital is considered the hottest in the world. You can't live there without drinking water all the time, that's for sure. I've found necessary detecting hats at https://headwearhut.com/collections/custom-5-panel-hats that usually sells such things for reasonable prices. Well, hope I never gonna return to N Sudan again.

I have purchased several of the white long sleeve shirts, they are nice even in hot weather. When using head phones, I wear a ball cap and have a scarf under the cap protecting my neck. 

The sun in Australia is an all year challenge, not just in summer. Our choice in hats is evolving as it has become a health and safety issue at work. The market for hats that allow headphones has got to the stage that Newcastle Hats has a few models that allow choice of brim size, venting hole or micromesh etc You can even order custom.. Up until recently in Australia, the postage was more expensive than the hat. Luckily a few Australian local manufacturers have stepped up. This is the model I'll have on my head when I venture out. I ordered the larger brim size with the flap for the neck. Again we are spoilt for choice.

Earmuff-Micro-Mesh-Hat-Khaki-Australian-Made-by-Newcastle-Hats-NH-EMMKH-L-1.jpg

• Like 5

On 10/21/2021 at 2:36 AM, karelian said:

The sun in Australia is an all year challenge, not just in summer. Our choice in hats is evolving as it has become a health and safety issue at work. The market for hats that allow headphones has got to the stage that Newcastle Hats has a few models that allow choice of brim size, venting hole or micromesh etc You can even order custom.. Up until recently in Australia, the postage was more expensive than the hat. Luckily a few Australian local manufacturers have stepped up. This is the model I'll have no my head when I venture out. I ordered the larger brim size with the flap for the neck. Again we are spoilt for choice.

Earmuff-Micro-Mesh-Hat-Khaki-Australian-Made-by-Newcastle-Hats-NH-EMMKH-L-1.jpg

Thx, just ordered one.