Carbon Fiber Lower Shaft For Simplex?

Greetings All,

Has anyone switched to a carbon fiber lower shaft for their Simplex? I've read a few posts about people switching over to them, but do they make that much of a difference?

Who makes the carbon shafts for the Simplex? Thought the Simplex didn't have a round shaft.

The Kruzer, Amphibio and Racers use round shafts and the lower carbon poles work. Overall not a huge weight saving, maybe an oz or so but they are a bit more ridged.

10 hours ago, kac said:

Who makes the carbon shafts for the Simplex? Thought the Simplex didn't have a round shaft.

The Kruzer, Amphibio and Racers use round shafts and the lower carbon poles work. Overall not a huge weight saving, maybe an oz or so but they are a bit more ridged.

The Anfibio has a triangular profile shaft.

• Like 1

I just bought one along with the sp22 coil ... the carbon fiber shaft is well worth the $35 ... I bought the simplex+ basically to use in the water and the stock lower shaft (the noodle) and the fins of the stock coil would be better suited for canoeing than detecting .. it is a whole new beast now. ... the shaft is made, or at least sold by Notka macro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScoTTT2 said:

I just bought one along with the sp22 coil ... the carbon fiber shaft is well worth the $35 ... I bought the simplex+ basically to use in the water and the stock lower shaft (the noodle) and the fins of the stock coil would be better suited for canoeing than detecting .. it is a whole new beast now. ... the shaft is made, or at least sold by Notka macro

I had the same trouble with water resistance on my Kruzer with stock coil. The fins do make it tough to swing. I haven't tried my Nel coil on it in the water yet may see how that goes.

The entire shaft on the Kruzer is very ridged and absolutely no flex.

2 hours ago, JCR said:

The Anfibio has a triangular profile shaft.

I forgot the Amphibio has a similar shaft style as the Simplex.

• Like 1

Huge difference. It is not a good first experience, as you tend to notice the rod flex before even turning the machine on. The stock rod is one of the most flexible I have seen, and needs to be upgraded when they exhaust current inventory. I've made that suggestion directly and others may consider doing the same.  You can also run a stiffener of some sort into the stock shaft, but that will of course add a little weight.

Part Number : 17000067
Description : Simplex+ Lower Shaft (Carbon Fiber)
https://www.noktadetectors.com/accessoire/simplex-lower-shaft-carbon-fiber/

lower-rod-carbon-fiber-simplex+-nokta-makro.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I like it and I’m using it with the SP 24 which stays on the machine. The stock rod is for the 11” coil so I can use it, although if I need the big coil, I’ll use the Nox. 
a situation could come up where I need it.