Can We Stir The Pot? Minelab GPZ 7000 Still King Of Detectors In The U.S.

• The title was changed to Can We Stir The Pot? Minelab GPZ 7000 Still King Of Detectors In The U.S.
1 hour ago, Rob Allison said:

The bottom line is I still feel the Minelab GPZ 7000 is the KING of detectors when it comes to depth.  Many Australian, African and US prospecting friends still feel the same.

I agree with you Rob, and Minelab is not saying anything different. If you truly want the machine that goes deepest on big gold, get or keep the GPZ 7000. I don't think I've said otherwise. GPX 5000 with a huge coil will also hit large gold deeper.

• Like 4

Hey Steve,

Nope, you have similar thoughts on the depth ability of the GPZ, but the weight, price and other factors could discourage many to go that route.  

Agreed, many previous PI's with larger coils could hit gold at good depth.  A coil that has been somewhat overlooked outside of Australia is the Detech 32" Round Concentric coil.  This coil will work on the Minelab PI's and gets great depth and coverage on large gold.  

Rob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

I figured we can stir the pot just a little while we wait out the release of the Minelab GPX 6000, right?  

Thanks for stirring up the pot, Rob. I am waiting for the 6000 like a kid is waiting for X-mas (already fully pre-paid back in March...). But I would never give up my 7. It is fun- vs. gladiator style detecting. I happen to like both!

• Like 2

I wish that they would release the tests or if somebody could even mimic them. I would like to see the 40% deeper in a controlled setting.  I know that nobody likes air tests but in theory air tests keeps the “ground” as a constant, because there is none.  It does provide information.  You would think you could see the 40% pretty easily that way.  I do think that Minelab should be able to explain their tests and how to mimic them because if somebody cannot mimic them, then this is considered false advertising and could possibly open up litigation.  I want repeatable scientific lab setting proof!!!  There has to be somebody over in Australia that has both machines they could try this out real quick.  

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I'm overreacting to this, which is a sign I've gone too far, and am burning out, so it's time to step away and take a breather. As they say in Oz - Cheers! :smile:

Yes you are extremely over reacting to my comment.  I never once said Steve, I said "they" as in Minelab.  I also never asked "you" to perform anything.  I even said in my comment folks in "Australia".  I listen to what everyone says about their opinions and thoughts on any equipment and many times I have given "likes" to what people have written or told us.  I enjoy reading all about every piece of equipment.  Is it so wrong to question or ask for proof?  Is it wrong to ask if Minelab is making false claims?  Am I supposed to believe the doctor that distributes snake oil that cures everything?  Steve, lighten up, not every question or comment is directed at you and your experiences.  It almost seems you don't want people to see if they can repeat the claims Minelab makes.  Rob said that Minelab still states that it is 40% deeper over GPX machines, so...... doesn't anyone want to SEE if that is true?  Especially on this new GPX.  I thought this forum was about discussion.  If I was to take the word of everyone on this forum I would have cut my cord for a X-coil a hell of a long time ago, glad I did not take their word.

Steve,

Your words are solid gold, your GPX 6000 Poke is poof in the Pudding!  I know the same ground your Detecting, it’s been pounded by every detector ever made.  There’s still Virgin Patches of Gold out in the Millions of Acres of the High Deserts of Northern Nevada.  All I’m looking for in Patch Hunting is “One Duck” and my current 7 pound Shotgun has me feeling my age after a day of Sage Brush Dancing.  There’s to many videos out to say the 6000 doesn’t find missed gold in old haunts.  That old saying that only 1% find gold consistently with the same detector as others continue to get skunked with is true.  I’ve helped out hundreds with detector settings and pointy fingers only to see them wonder far out of the Patch boundary and when they return to find out they switched their setting I gave them for the soil of the patch.  Being retired Military with the “Old Sarge” mentality I know I can’t help everyone.  Some will fall to the side and some will match or exceed you.  I Tend to these people.  Your Forum is the best and one I “Tend”...some will fall to the side and move on in their own way.  You keep showing your Proof in the Pudding and Tend to the one(s) Forum Member that will exceed/excel in your reviews.

Rick

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The issue I think is we don’t have our new toy yet, as soon as they are in our hot little hands all will be good and we’ll be to busy digging holes to speculate on anything. Going on here, all the banter more post (pre) incident stress debriefing than questioning any advice from anyone of our trusted experts, I can’t think of one single instance when anyone respected here has ever intentionally advocated here based on personal gain or ever acted in any way other that to do their best to help others and to support the activity of metal detecting and none more so that our host here Steve H. We’re just relieving a bit of stress impatiently waiting, hmmm nervously  awaiting the new arrival. 

I know the list I’m on is long, my fingers are crossed the shipment is large enough I get one in the first batch, I put my trust and money in one of our resident experts a regular here and based on the number of preorders a lot of others trust the advice they get  here too.

Steve, the toughest part of being at the top is how seldom you get told what a great job you are doing, mostly people just are not in a position to evaluate the guy at the top this way and although universally everyone holds none higher than you, it gets unsaid. Trust too in the fact if circumstance ever changed and you were to find yourself the one in need the outpouring here would be widespread and generous.

Thank you for all you do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3