Can We Stir The Pot? Minelab GPZ 7000 Still King Of Detectors In The U.S.

17 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

That being said, Minelab still claims the GPZ 7000 can get "up to 40% more depth" over previous GPX detectors.  We can all question, does the GPX 6000 still fit in this category, as Minelab stated GPX detectors.  The upcoming Minelab GPX 6000 is still a GPX series detector, but primarily using GeoSense Technology.  I don't see where GeoSense really talks about any more depth ability over the previous GPX 5000, but it does mention about better ground response/clarity, maybe allowing you to hear something in higher mineralized ground over previous GPX series.  

So does the GPX6000 fit into this claim or is Minelab now wrong to say that the GPZ can get 40% more depth over "GPX" detectors?  So I will repeat myself to get back on topic.  Being that there is only one in the United States, would any of our Aussie friends want to give an air test a go?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beatup said:

sounds like you stirred the pot good Rob

He's pretty good at stirring the bucket.  He got me real good awhile back with a little joke on ME!!!!   He had me all shook up until I figured it was a joke.  Keep your eye on that boy, he's got a mischeivious sense of humor he does......!

• Haha 1

I can say that the 6000 detects a tiny leadshot 100% better than the 7000 does 🙂

How do I know?? because I detected one right near a hole I got gold out of with the 7000 and I know I swung the 7000 over it.

I own and use both. Am I going to do air tests? Nope. I have better things to do with my detecting time and there are so many variables that they are often meaningless anyway 😉

What I will do though is report back what I am finding with each detector in real detecting environments. The 7000 amazed me....Now the 6000 has taken the amazement to a whole different level. Its pinging bits I would never have thought possible....a 0.08g at 3-4 inches!...And it screamed like it was an ounce! Sure i would love to be detecting ounces every couple of days, but those types of nuggets are far and few between out my way....what the 6000 has already done is increased my gold v hour ratio....i am at about a gram an hour at the moment.....without pain.

The GPZ19 will be chucked on and this will become my detector of choice when I think there is a likelyhood of larger and deeper bits hiding. For everything else, the 6000 is now my go to machine.

If I detect a decent bit at good depth, i will swing the 7000 over it for a rear world comparison and vice versa 🙂

If the 7000 detects it up to 40% deeper, so be it....

• Like 4

You should probably reread the first post from Rob again.  I even quoted it before.  We both want to know if the new GPX falls into this category against their 40% claim or not... blah blah blah.  The easiest way would be to do an air test to eliminate ground.  In theory you should be able to determine a percentage of distance an object is detected as it goes away from the coil for each machine.  It has been done so many times in the past with many different coils and machines.  I am not understanding why this is such a big deal now.  Minelab has to use some kind of methodology to determine these start charts or percentages.  You would think in some way they would want you to be able to replicate it, otherwise it is just BS marketing.  This should not be that big of a deal.  SMH

Nice gold Rob.  You are still looking in the right places to find gold like that with any detector.

• Like 2