Can We Stir The Pot? Minelab GPZ 7000 Still King Of Detectors In The U.S.

4 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

You all forgot about the part where Minelab said UP TO 40 % deeper 😉

No I have not forgot.

I believe it exceeds 40% also in circumstances, but that's not measured, just an in field observation. Would love to know how it can be measured on undug gold. Regardless I put forward that the 6000 goes another 40% on scraps of undug gold over the Z with ML coils, whether it does that on 1 gram and bigger size I cannot say as yet, as simply have not experienced enough of such. To clarify without the joy of digging scraps of gold, I'd have no interest in this game as my backyard has very few multi ozers.

KL, aye that 17.5 will swing you for sure.

• Like 6

Nice Norvic!  Thanks for the observation!  Norvic observed that the GPX6000 goes ~40% deeper than the Z on the smalls.  The bigs are still TBD.  Probably not many people have the bigs to contend with but it sure would be nice to know right?  This is where I miss Phrunt, he would have done experiments left and right, good or bad just for the sake of knowledge.  Oh well.

I was kind of surprised that nobody else but Rob and I were curious to know, or at least no one else piped in.  Just because 3-4 people now have reported on what they did should not discourage others from performing tests and sharing information, even if its an air test.  We all know it is relative to ground, EMI, saturation, salt, geology, etc. etc., but any experiments using controls or not still is information.  Nobody is going to do exactly what the other wants and people will criticize how experiments are done but good or bad it is still knowledge.  I don't care if you are a 1st time detectorist or the greatest detectorist in the world, the more information presented and observed is way better in the long run.  Thanks again Norvic!

• Like 4

Happy to air test the 6000 v 7000 on a 100g nugget.......

If someone sends me one 🤪

PM for address 🙂

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Norvic said:

I am not selling my Z with X coils anticipating ML have an update in the works.

Norvic, what do you think an update would be able to incorporate as it relates to a 6000?

I doubt they will do this soon though. It might eat into the 6000 sales.

1 hour ago, flakmagnet said:

Norvic, what do you think an update would be able to incorporate as it relates to a 6000?

Geosense a la ZVT, or whatever it is that gives the 6000 its superior ground handling capabilities that allows detection of such small scraps so deep.

So we support Minelab by purchasing their so called latest detecting technology. With the capability of doing software updates over your own computer. Then we are told their will be periodically updates to the GPZ 7000. There hasn't been one in 3 years now if I'm correct. So what's the use of even having that option if Minelab is going to hold out that technology for their future new flagship. Until Minelab comes out with. PI machine with discrimination, I'll just stick with my 7000. Why change,  I'm already accustomed to the weight of it.

• Like 4

All due respect Steve, the  Zs update function has added semi-auto GB an additional brilliant feature that has helped recover more gold, thus ML have shown they can and do add features to the Z, for me I`d be prepared to pay for maxing out or adding features that the hardware in the Z can handle if it keeps the Z at the leading edge and I suspect I`m not alone amongst Z users here. 

• Like 4