CAPT - welcome back!

18 minutes ago, Captorofsin said:

Ace Apex has Multi flex, right?

Nox vs Apex

Yes.  The Garrett version of multi frequency is called Multi Flex on the Ace Apex, it also refers to the fact that the Apex (like Equinox) has the ability to operate in multiple selectable single frequency modes which I think is a great feature.   I don't think you can go wrong with either, the Apex or the Equinox but the additional price of the Equinox machines reflects their value in versatility and capability since they incorporate the refinement of multiple generations of Minelab simultaneous multifrequency technology innovations vs. Garrett's first attempt at SMF and they have higher responsiveness than the Apex which gives them an edge when hunting in high junk target density environments.

Don't get too caught up in the fancy marketing speak - MultiFlex and Multi IQ is just tech sounding marketing buzz for Simultaneous MultiFrequency and doesn't really tell you anything about capability or performance of one versus the other.  Good luck and let us know if you have more questions and how you are getting along once you get that new detector next spring.

• Like 4

Glad to see your back Cap! 

Like I said, this post was new to me, and I liked (most all) of the content very much! 

It's not that often that someone new gets as much information as you did in your request! And sometimes, that can be intimidating to a new poster! Especially when someone takes a hard line in the discussion! I wanted to lighten the mood a bit, and find out what was the outcome of your decision, since I somehow missed your original post for a few months!

No big deal, about not buying anything yet! Has happened to all of us! Stuff happens, and money needs to be reallocated for more important things!

That does not have to stop you from continuing to research, as new detectors are being released almost every year! ☆☆☆And don't forget the used market!! People here, and elsewhere, are constantly selling great used equipment! Which can be a much cheaper entry into what you may want! For example, look at our classifieds right now!👍  I almost exclusively, buy used now!!

I wish you much luck🍀, and hope that you won't be a stranger here on the forum!!👍👍

And we still don't know what part of Florida your in, if you care to share!! I'm here too, so nice to hear from another, in the Sunburn State!!🥵🌞

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Captorofsin said:

Ace Apex has Multi flex, right?

Nox vs Apex

Ace Apex works incredibly well here with high trash areas and handles iron very well. It is splash proof but handles the salt like a champ. With that being said If you plan on wading at all then the Nox 600 might be the better choise but keep in mind any machine that the control box gets submerged you will need wired water proof headphones to go with it as you will lose signal with wireless. So plan on that in your budget. Nox 600 should be a deeper machine than the Apex as it has a much wider coil.

For single frequency machines if your in that market there is a much wider group of machines to look at from the Simplex + to the Makro Kurzer / Multi Kruzer.

• Like 3

On 5/17/2021 at 7:41 AM, F350Platinum said:

The Equinox goes from 5-40 Khz when in MultiIQ, both the 600 and the 800 do. Single selectable frequencies are limited on the 600, 15 Khz is as high as it goes. With update 3 they added 4 Khz.

The equinox go from 5-40khz 

Or 

5-15khz

Cap,

5khz to 40khz in multi on both 600-800! 4khz being the new single frequency added in the last update!! Single frequency is limited on the 600 to max 15khz; as F350 said!!👍👍

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Cap,

4khz to 40khz in multi on both 600-800, since the last update!! 4khz being the new one added!! Single frequency is limited on the 600 to max 15khz ; all as F350 said!!👍👍

4kHz is not included in the Multi-IQ range. It's a separate, selectable, frequency from Multi-IQ, which is 5, 10, 15, 20, 40 for both the 600 and the 800. Selectable frequencies for the 800 are 4, 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40kHz, and 4, 5, 10, and 15kHz for the 600...

• Thanks 1

My mistake Tex,

You are correct!! And I will fix!!👍👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TexHunter said:

4kHz is not included in the Multi-IQ range. It's a separate, selectable, frequency from Multi-IQ, which is 5, 10, 15, 20, 40 for both the 600 and the 800. Selectable frequencies for the 800 are 4, 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40kHz, and 4, 5, 10, and 15kHz for the 600...

11 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Cap,

5khz to 40khz in multi on both 600-800! 4khz being the new single frequency added in the last update!! Single frequency is limited on the 600 to max 15khz; as F350 said!!👍👍

Actually no one (except Minelab) really knows how many frequencies and what frequency range comprises Multi IQ on the Nox.  Even ML states that the selectable single frequencies do not necessary correspond to the individual frequencies that comprise the multifrequency spectrum on their marketing graphics.  The range in Multi IQ (depending on mode) may actually exceed 40 khz on the high end as the FCC certification for the Equinox goes as high as 100 khz if I recall correctly.  About the only definitive statement you can make is that the Equinox 600 and 800 have equivalent Multi-IQ frequency profiles for any given mode they both share.  See below for more information including a link to a ML page that backs up what I stated above. [Yes, I've been down this road before]

• Like 1

We were just trying to answer a question for Cap!! Not contest the "secret sauce" ML is actually using!! Don't really care what the mix is, as we can't control it anyway! As long as it works! But feel free to add to his question!!😁👍👍

• Like 1

Captorofsin asked lots of great questions which many tried to answer factually as well as the facts can be known. Suffice it to say that the Vanquish 540, Apex and Equinox 600 and Equinox 800 can definitely handle his mostly salt sand and saltwater beach hunting criteria. To me any of the four are a great buy. Two are entry level to lower mid level = 540 and Apex as far as features, performance and price. The 600 is definitely a solid mid level choice and the 800 is approaching expert level for features, performance and price. 

So it is all about what Captorofsin is willing and able to spend.

Keep asking questions. We may fight and argue over them, but that's okay since we would probably all really enjoy hunting with each other anyway if we had the chance.

• Like 5