White's Goldmaster 2 Needs A Coil

13 hours ago, Desert Dweller said:

I got a Goldmaster 2 it has the long scan coil which is bad, I swapped the one off of my Vsat and the box works fine so I need a coil.

Which should I purchase for use mainly  in the Old Dale area.

Thanks

get a stock coil

ask on the classified mabie someone has 1 laying around

• The title was changed to White's Goldmaster 2 Needs A Coil

The Goldmaster II came with a 6x10 concentric coil. Ever since the Goldmaster 3 the Goldmasters have come with 6x10 DD coil. The concentric was discontinued. White's coils do not age well, as the foam tends to break down with time and use, so I would get a new or newer DD coil, and pass on any old concentrics, unless you really wanted a concentric specifically. In low mineral ground, the concentric may offer an edge over the DD, but for most gold prospecting situations, the DD is the way to go.

My White's GMT review goes into Goldmaster coil options. All black box Goldmaster series can swap coils. Anything old enough to have a blue box is obsolete tech, avoid. The newer Goldmaster 24K series uses a new coil dsign with new connector, so are not compatible.

whites-electronics-coils-for-gmt.jpg
4"x6" Shooter DD coil, 6" round concentric, stock 6" x 10" DD coil for GMT, and 8" x 14" Sierra Gold Max DD coil

old-whites-gmt-concentric-coils.jpg
Old version 6" x 10" concentric and 8" x 14" concentric coils