Ebay 6000 Control Box Cover

I know Steve has already posted a direct link to purchase a 6000 protective cover directly from Australia, I just ordered this one off of eBay that claims to be made down under and sold directly from Double D fulfilled by eBay. If you are looking for said metal detector cover here is the eBay link to the Dbl D cover.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174749279148?hash=item28afde63ac:g:5jQAAOSwi61giRPe

• Like 1

I kept my GPZ 7000 covered at all times, but after using 6K I’m going cover free. I’m pretty careful with my machines however. Those who are really into rough and tumble detecting, covers are a good idea. The 6K though I just hate to do it. It looks good as is, and too much effort went into shaving ounces to add them right back.

minelab-gpx-6000-rainproof.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I kept my GPZ 7000 covered at all times, but after using 6K I’m going cover free. I’m pretty careful with my machines however. Those who are really into rough and tumble detecting, covers are a good idea. The 6K though I just hate to do it. It looks good as is, and too much effort went into shaving ounces to add them right back.

minelab-gpx-6000-rainproof.jpg

Good point Steve, I think the only reason I’m giving the cover a shot is, I’m in the habit now after dropping the 7000 and poking a hole in the bottom of the case and no other reason really after that one time and 5 1/2 years later never dropped it again. I even took the display cover off the GPZ a while back because it was getting difficult to read the display with the dirty plastic cover. One thing I will do is try trimming a cell phone screen protector to fit the display on the 6000 and change it occasionally just to keep most of the scratches off as long as I can.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the cover for my new 6000 is here all the way from Australia it made the trip in a little over a week from when it was ordered. I’d received a notice it was in customs a few days ago and was expecting it to be delayed assuming the backlog must be extensive since the new 6000’s are trapped in limbo?

hmmm, couldn’t be the 6000 shipment has been held up a little to give the new nugget finder 12” coil a better chance getting out here in the good ol USA ? A bit of a stretch probably but in all fairness to Nugget Finder and the dealers who have to make orders on projections this could play a little part in the delayed rollout?  

anyway the double D control box cover is real nice, lightweight and has a neat little zipper pocket on the one side.

F46052EC-F0F3-45E8-94CC-5975A71C38AF.thumb.jpeg.2502a3cd01580d9135920aaceaae9a07.jpeg

• Like 4

Ha, my new 12” z search coil arrives tomorrow so now I guess I don’t care... in fact ship the 6000’s out In a couple months, naaa I don’t really mean that I want everyone happy swinging their new toy, if the past purchases is any indication they will probably arrive later today or tomorrow since I went ahead and got the 12” anyway although I’m just sticking to my original plan.

1 hour ago, Purplehays69 said:

Total bullshit that we don't even have a clue on USA 6000's...... I'm blaming covid, biden, trump, rinos and liberals.......🤣

Come on Minelab...... "Make America Great Again!" and get us our 6's...!!!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1515Art said:

Well, the cover for my new 6000 is here all the way from Australia

I ordered the same cover from the same company for my 7000. I think they are almost identical. It actually is slightly to big for the 7000 control box so I kept it in reserve for the 6000

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 1515Art said:

Ha, my new 12” z search coil arrives tomorrow

I should receive mine by the end of the week 😁 Finally something that made it to the "forgotten market"

• Like 2