The Battle Between The Top Dogs..

I’ve been following the battle between the old dog (GPZ-7000) and young dog (GPX-6000) with keen interest.. From what I can make of it, the young dog’s winning its battles in the USA and the old dog in Australia.. So far it seems the old dog can handle a scruff on heavily mineralized and ‘hot rock’ infested grounds better than the young dog, who prefers milder grounds.. But it’s too early in the day to scorn the young dog, it’s only just finding its feet in the world.. The old dog might’ve fought it out with other GPXs and always come out on top, but this young dog seems to have more sense of geology than its cousins.. Maybe a few more dust-ups in the old dog’s yard might do the young dog some good.. Or maybe the old dog won’t let the young dog anywhere near its yard no more? Maybe they should flog it out on neutral grounds somewhere, another 'Rumble in the Jungle'? Only time will tell who emerges Top Dog of the World , as with most other dog fights.. Hackles come up and fur starts to fly..  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Eric I think the PUP would be the best choice for most people, well those the ask (those that know will have knowledge of the requirement of their detecting conditions and don't need help)

• Like 4

23 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Eric I think the PUP would be the best choice for most people

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the GPX 5000, a trusty dog as far as I can make out.. It mightn't dig as big a bone in deep holes as the old dog, but the trusty dog will sniff out more smaller bones in shallower holes.. Or so I'm told! Yet to find any gold that isn't in jewellery! Until I hear some more reports on how the young dog handles itself in North Queensland, I won't be letting my trusty dog go for a while yet..  

• Like 4

Well I have both dogs.....The old dog I still love cos I got him first....But he is often a difficult dog to train!....He is tough to walk as he is so big. When I do walk him, he ends up hurting me 😞 Since getting the new dog, its been a revelation! He is just so easy to walk. He barks at bones and helps me find many....mainly small bones so far, but I think he can help sniff a few bigger ones!  I have found that the new dog gets a bit over excited at times and does yap....when he does, I pet him and he calms down really quickly.

The old dog is in the kennel for a while. When i need some help looking for huge bones, I will try taking him for a few walks again....

🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

On 5/19/2021 at 8:15 AM, kingswood said:

Well I have both dogs.....The old dog I still love cos I got him first....But he is often a difficult dog to train!....He is tough to walk as he is so big. When I do walk him, he ends up hurting me 😞 Since getting the new dog, its been a revelation! He is just so easy to walk. He barks at bones and helps me find many....mainly small bones so far, but I think he can help sniff a few bigger ones!  I have found that the new dog gets a bit over excited at times and does yap....when he does, I pet him and he calms down really quickly.

The old dog is in the kennel for a while. When i need some help looking for huge bones, I will try taking him for a few walks again....

🙂

That is exactly it.👍

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PeterInSa said:

I think for serious newbies in Oz with limited $ the Pup (2300) is a better choice than the young dog (6000) or the old dog (7000).

The pup with the added coiltek feeding bowls🙂

But yep...use the pup to find enough bones...sell bones, by new dog 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Who rules the pups, dogs or the user, tis the King and the Prince`s/Princess`s, never the user for he is but a captive addicted servant.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3