At The Pot Holes Area

I got away for a few days and went down to the Pot holes on the California side. I have not spent any time there since I got my one true love (detector) the GPZ. This area has every thing a detector needs...four kinds of hot rocks, plenty of bullets and a little gold.

Did I mention I love my GPZ? I have been there many times since I found my first nugget nearby. I have found gold with every detector I have used there; gb2, tesorolobo st, gmt, Minelab 2000, 2200, gp extreme, 3500 and 5000...so finding gold was not a surprise. However, finding six nuggets in two days was a surprise. I cannot remember when I have found more in numbers since the early 90's when gold was fairly common.

At any rate, I was very happy with 3.7 grams for two full days and a couple hours detecting...

fred

post-77-0-85752600-1454267000_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-71684900-1454267019_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-74017400-1454267044_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-26203200-1454267062_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-82623800-1454267087_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Good going Fred.

The potholes is one area I've always wanted to check out but have never made it over there. When I first bought my GP 3000, Joe at "The House of Treasures" told me of some areas to look at over that way but I have just never made it. Maybe later this winter.

Nice going on the gold.

Dave

Fred,

Nicely done! I can tell you love your 7000, so can you share any of the reasons you love it so much? If you could be as specific as you can, and if you have the time to comment, I'd appreciate it as you seem to have invested some time in using it. I'd way rather hear from someone that's actually using it while I investigate Minelab's newest gold machine.

All the best,

Lanny

Great job, Fred. As you have found out, the Zed loves to find gold on old patches.

Never heard of the Potholes but if there's gold there then it cant be all that bad. Nice work Fred....and BTW we are in love with the same gal...

strick

• The title was changed to At The Pot Holes Area