At The Pot Holes Area

Thanks. Guys...yes, I do love the GPZ-good thing they made plenty for all to share.

Lanny;

I have had a lot of detectors. Some I got along with right from the start and some I did not bond with. I am not saying they lacked, most likely the main problem was me-I am better now the doc says...

When the GPZ was announced and Jonathan, Steve and Chris gave their assessments I perked up my big ears and started paying attention. I am not usually one to jump quick; especially after a bad experience a few years ago...and I was still learning to use the 5000-a very fine detector.

I have not had  even a small regret getting the GPZ because...(you thought I would never get there didn't you:)

I love the wireless module

I love having only one coil

I love the range of gold sizes and shapes it will detect

I love the depth it achieves on gold and sadly junk

I love the ease of changing modes and settings

I love the gps I first thought was useless

I love that as long as it is on it will find gold despite whatever setting I may use

I simply cannot find any major fault with this detector...except of course it is Heavy, Dude!

these are some of the reasons I really love my GPZ

fred

fred

• Like 1

Fred, nice shooting.  

Do you know of a detecting club, or clubs,  that have claims in that area, and/or on the Arizona side.  As I recall that area is down near Yuma, is that correct?   That's an area I'd like to check out, so I need to do some research.  For me, checking some club claims is a good way to start in an unfamiliar area.  

• Like 1

I believe the SPMA has the Potholes area well covered. Next time you're down there give me a PM if you'd like company. Its a short drive from "Yuma by the Sea" as Condor calls it and if I'm not swamped with school it's good to meet fellow detectorist's. Beatup has been down for awhile with his brother and we've been out a few times. As an added bonus they even got some gold. Good stuff you found!

• Like 1

If there is any detectable gold where Fred goes, he will find some!

• Like 1

SPMA does have the Potholes claimed up. There is a Yuma SPMA chapter. Go to there website www.spma-gold.org for more info. Sam Radding is a regular out there and does pretty well with his GB 2. Don't forget to check your drywasher tailings, Sam has a tendency to mop up quite a bit just beeping pile to pile. I've witnessed it....

• Like 2

• The title was changed to At The Pot Holes Area