Your Best Thimble

Most of the ones I find are flat too, but got a nickel silver one last week. That is awesome.

• Like 2

That's a beauty, strick!

Mentioned in another thread that I've yet to find my first thimble.  I recall back when I got the ML Equinox 800 that I had yet to find a Buffalo Nickel with my other detectors so that was my wish, and then the flood gates opened.  I'm headed west for Monte and friends' WTHO ghost town 'convention' middle of June.  Maybe my whining about no thimbles is all it will take to break the streak again.

🤞

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Very nice. Thinking we all need to take the squashed brass ones we have and do a road trip to Southern Indiana and seed some parks 😉

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, kac said:

Thinking we all need to take the squashed brass ones we have and do a road trip to Southern Indiana and seed some parks

Don't you dare.  I've had three people (that I'm aware of, including a person I didn't know within the last couple weeks) do that with coins.  Almost as annoying as seeding with pulltabs....  I remember 50 years ago when I got my first detector; I was at my uncle's house for a family reunion.  He tossed down a (clad 🤬) quarter and hid it in the grass while I wasn't looking to confirm what I said the detector could do.  So you're late to the party by half a century, kac.

Wouldn't mind you coming down to join me for a hunt, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Knew that would get you going 🙂 any time your headed to NE PM me and I'll show ya around my picked out sites. Still stuff here to find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is my best. From mid 1700 homesite. It’s solid gold , open type and Germany is engraved. 
found in New Jersey. Amazing in ground all of America’s existence and I recovered it without a scratch. 

553FDC54-7543-461E-A362-6553F0301FC7.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 3

• The title was changed to Your Best Thimble
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my best one, also silver and gold. There's a smooth spot on the other side where you could engrave a name or initials in it, but, it's blank. From what I can see, there is a star logo inside with a symbol in the center that looks like it might be the shape of a thimble. It has Sterling stamped above the star. There's also a number 9 below the star....size? I'll try to get a decent photo inside.

silgoldthimble.jpg

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 2