Great Time To Sell A Gold Detector?

everyone is using facebook marketplace.........no fees...........

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mungass said:

everyone is using facebook marketplace.........no fees...........

Yep, as soon as Ebay was trying to force me to go to managed payments, I'm out. Ebay was becoming a big time hogger for several other reasons too. It's a shame as it was an easy place to move second hand gear and little odd bits you get in detector trades. So yes, Facebook will be seeing a lot of gear from me in the coming weeks. 

As for a great time to sell a gold detector? The market is a little flooded here in Oz at the moment with second hand detectors, but there are also lots of buyers out there.....if the price is right! Condition and the right accessories also helps. 

• Like 3

The only thing eBay is good for now days is buyer protection (and probably seller protection).  FB Marketplace is like Craigslist and really only works well with local purchases.  I too thought FB Marketplace would be a good place to go but when you live in the boonies and everything you want is states away, it does not work to well and leads to fraud.  Just like CL unfortunately too.  What it boils down to is eBay needs competition, then the fees would go back down to something reasonable.