Who Makes The Best Cuff For The 800?

I have an 800 that I use at the beach.  Sometimes it drops and this causes the plastic stand to break.  I glue it but it has happened about 3 times and soon I won't be able to glue it.

It is time to get a new cuff/stand.  I'm really not interested in new shafts but ...

I use the 15" more than any coil if that makes a difference.

Mitchel

XP old school one the one for the original stem..........got 6 :) on most of my machines and light too!

RR

• Thanks 1

I use a DetectEd cuff. It's tight, aluminum and light. Never use the strap. With the carbon fiber shaft I can swing the detector all day. Added a neoprene cover.

Drawback is there's no guide pin so you have to align it yourself, but it should fit any detector rod as it uses U clamps. Also means you can put it anywhere you want.

20210516_072432.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since I only hunt the beach, I do not like anything sticking out under my cuff as I never put my detector down. With longer sweeps I find any protrusions can hang up on clothing, pouches. 

I find this cuff to be one of the best for the money. I also just buy a cheap  mouse pad, cut it to size and glue it in the cuff.

Minelab Arm Rest Kit (GPX / Sovereign / Eureka Gold) | Kellyco | 855-910-6955 (kellycodetectors.com)

image.jpeg.0709ddd9276a782d420381468ad32469.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Never use the strap.

I never use a strap anymore either but I lay the detector down when I'm digging a 15" hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2021 at 1:17 AM, ColonelDan said:

I’ve used Herke’s cuff for several years and found them to be top notch.

http://www.stevesdetectorrods.com/product.php?id=EQACC-05

I just bought one.  Thanks.

Thanks, mn80403, and thanks, ColonelDan!

Steve

I use a 3D printed one, which holds up better than expected. 2 years now without any issue.

If you haven't got a carbon shaft yet, I'd hightly recommend to replace the whole shaft with one from steveg or detect-ed for example, and use their arm-cuff. The carbon shaft made a world of a difference! At first, I wasn't sure, if I should really spend 100€ for a shaft (mine is one from the UK), but I didn't regret it and if it broke, I'd instantly buy a new one!

D17743DA-39C1-4FF1-9A49-E8EBC5496EFA.jpeg

• Like 2