This Is A Really Interesting Video (for Data Hounds Like Me) And Good Advice In General

To GB's questions hopefully the attached Excel file (to make a long story even longer) clears things up and you can make your own plots and interpretations. A straight line on a log-probability plot tells me I likely got everything because alluvial minerals are log-normally distributed. It's a bit like quantum mechanics! Nobody knows why it works but the overwhelming evidence shows that it does work. When you don't get a straight line it can indicate several things, as I try to explain, but an apparent excess of large nuggets from a thick profile would suggest to me I'm missing small nuggets.

The weight units are the logarithm of the weight. Yes, all GB2 but it's a very thin gravel and the GB2 got there first.

Would you go into detail about what you mean by this?  I.e. why does your plot resulting in a straight line indicate that you've cleaned up the patch?

Also, what are the weight units of the horizontal scale?  And were all of these nuggets found with the Fisher Gold Bug 2?

Thank you Freak for the Nuggethead video (I've subscribed). USPS permitting I'm about to fit a 10" Infinium DD coil to my ATX to get between the big rocks and also see how it compares to the GB2 once coil size (not winding mind you) is the same.

KW2.xls

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Off Grid said:

The weight units are the logarithm of the weight.

I meant scale units -- grams?  Given the extent of the data, that seems to make the most sense but there are other units that are possible, I guess.

Thanks for the file but I'll have to wait until a later time to absorb it.  I'm frantically preparing for a month long trip.  (I shouldn't even be using my time posting here...😲)

• Like 1

Yes the weight units are in grams.

• Like 1