Are You A Big Gold Hunter Or Just Want It All?

I'm still in the piece count phase?  The itty bitties keep my interest up while waiting to stumble onto a bigger piece?  I've got a couple nice chunks in my 3 seasons tecting gold (biggest 3.55ozt) and will patiently enjoy the dinkers until another nice one turns up?

Beautiful gold Gerry (including the dinks!!!!).....

PS....a guy also just has to deal with the cards dealt and make the best of it....imo

Keep on the grind.... 3 dinks today is all but happy to come home with something

• Like 5

Gold is gold to me. I'm more about the finding than anything else. If you fish with kids you may know that digging worms is almost as fun as catching the fish. Guess I'm a kid at heart.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oneguy said:

I'm still in the piece count phase?  The itty bitties keep my interest up while waiting to stumble onto a bigger piece?  I've got a couple nice chunks in my 3 seasons tecting gold (biggest 3.55ozt) and will patiently enjoy the dinkers until another nice one turns up?

Beautiful gold Gerry (including the dinks!!!!).....

PS....a guy also just has to deal with the cards dealt and make the best of it....imo

Keep on the grind.... 3 dinks today is all but happy to come home with something

3 Seasons is still pretty young yet.  What amazes me is you have already scored a 1+ oz'er in that short time.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arky said:

Gold is gold to me. I'm more about the finding than anything else. If you fish with kids you may know that digging worms is almost as fun as catching the fish. Guess I'm a kid at heart.

Fishing with kids is to you like, my staff/I teach customers and watching when they find their 1st nugget.  Priceless, fun and that's a great feeling.   

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

To me every gold is precious and worth a dig, so I don't discriminate to just go for larger stuff. Sure, when I mount the GPZ 19 I don't look for sub-grammers, but by the end of the day when my jar rattles it gives me a feeling of satisfaction. Do I have fun recovering a 0.08 g flake with the 14in coil, no! But it is the challenge to get it right as often as possible, not so much what it will weigh at the end. Most of the nuggets I find are in the 0.2-5.0 g range, only occasionally bigger when I am lucky, so my ears are tuned to the small stuff. But that's fine with me, I prefer consistency over the lottery ticket . I welcome every golden piece of eternity that has my name on it 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Its just a hobby and the hunt for me-Listen for the small ones and the big ones take care of themselves :cool: As long as its gold  Im happy with what ever I find :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

3 Seasons is still pretty young yet.  What amazes me is you have already scored a 1+ oz'er in that short time.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

That big one was a total lottery ticket, gold is where you find it, complete fluke, just got lucky thing. Hunted that area before many times and wasted many hrs digging nothing but crap and no gold. Only reason I even went there was to test out the new to me sdc because imo the area is cleaner than most that trash riddled area...then it happened!...lol  This is my 4th season and starting off slow so far.....but having fun!

• Like 4