Maybe My Last GPX Beach Hunt For A While

On 5/22/2021 at 10:20 AM, schoolofhardNox said:

I'm not one for getting their pictures or a video of the return. I would be happy with a quiet return. Just glad she gets her ring back.

Have you (or anyone reading) considered asking the grateful owner for possible permissions to detect?  Seems like that would be a nice non-monetary reward.

It's impressive that you're able to hunt so many hours in difficult weather conditions.  (I'm recalling your sub-freezing hunts from this past winter.)  And with a heavy detector on top of it.  You definitely earn your loot.

Have you pulled the dates and mintmarks off those silver coins?  The Standing Liberty Quarter looks promising.  I'm sure you (but maybe not everyone here) know how often those lost their dates to wear.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Nice target count,,,,,,AGAIN !    

Guess I'll have to go back out now. 

Thanks. I'm spoiled 😄 I can feel that withdrawals are on their way. I won't be pulling these numbers from parks and cellar holes... that's for sure. I'm going to need therapy ☹️ I know....... I'll go detecting to brighten me up 😆

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Have you (or anyone reading) considered asking the grateful owner for possible permissions to detect?  Seems like that would be a nice non-monetary reward.

It's impressive that you're able to hunt so many hours in difficult weather conditions.  (I'm recalling your sub-freezing hunts from this past winter.)  And with a heavy detector on top of it.  You definitely earn your loot.

Have you pulled the dates and mintmarks off those silver coins?  The Standing Liberty Quarter looks promising.  I'm sure you (but maybe not everyone here) know how often those lost their dates to wear.

Permission from them...🤔🤔🤔 Only if their house is pre 1900 👍 It's hard to believe, but you get used to the weight and the weather after a while. But there are limits. Cold, windy rain or 90+ degree heat and no wind and I can't last 2 hours (if that). As for dates, I generally scan for them, but the crusty black coating obscures some dates and mint marks. I just look to see if any old ones come up. Not one seated in the whole bunch. The Standing Liberty quarter is one of the better ones I found there, but I can't tell if it's a '24 or '26.

• Like 3

It was a hell of a ride ,,, doesn't seem likely the break will reduce the target count for next trip ! Only add more OH AYUH ! Call it Your "gift that keeps on giving" beach. skuh kuh kuh kuh  , you're slaying it with that detector too .

I'm not saying it's aliens but.....

• Thanks 1