Help With Cz20 Battery Pack Wiring!!!!

I have a CZ 20 that I need the 4 9v battery pack for. I purchased from someone on here who turned out to be a real A-Hole and never sent it only to find out he has ripped off numerous people on other forums as well. I need help with designing a battery pack to hold the 4 9v batteries needed for this machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am retired and disabled and out $40.00 that I sent this bastar.. Thanks everyone.
  • Sad 1

• The title was changed to Help With Cz20 Battery Pack Wiring!!!!

Do you know how the batteries are wired? For example, are they all in series or parallel? Or maybe 2 are in parallel and series and the other 2 are in parallel and series?

6 hours ago, mh9162013 said:

2 are in parallel and series and the other 2 are in parallel and series?

Yes

2S2P......

pictured are the 18650s but you can see the wiring of...

the battery pack I have here is 15.08 volts but they have been well used, I think.

I have a friend who use to be a Fisher Authorized repair center, let me know I can check with him see if he has them Rebel Metal Detectors in SC

images.jpg

• Like 4

Back when the machine was designed, batteries were not so good. So it's quite likely that with good modern batteries, it would work OK with just two series-connected batteries, just shorter run-time. That would simplify a homebrew attempt.
Blank copper-clad fibreglass/GRP sheet , the raw material for PCB manufacture, should be available from eBay / electronics surplus dealers / ham radio suppliers. It can be hand cut with a sharp knife to create PCB tracks.
The PP3 terminals could be salvaged from dead batteries, or the flying-lead connectors of some obsolete gadget.

• Like 2

Is this what you are looking for?   https://www.ebay.com/itm/252678175953

Or is that the guy who ripped you off? I see no bad ratings for the seller. $40 + shipping is a bit steep though.

Apparently, he sells all kinds of Fisher stuff as well as other brands.  https://www.ebay.com/str/dmoutstandingbargainxchange

• Like 3

I don't know much about electronics but was thinking, maybe you could just connect four of these to the two wires in the detector.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=9V+Battery+Clip+Connector&i=industrial&ref=nb_sb_noss

• Like 1

"That is expensive. Hoping to just find a writing diagram from someone"

It seems you're trying to make one of these devices, yet have no knowledge or skills to do so ?

There's already been enough tech info given on here for you to come up with a homebrew solution, even if it is a bit of a 'bodge/kluge/improvised' solution.

So to help us out here, what know-how etc do you have? Can you solder ? Can you obtain electronics parts? Do you understand electrical wiring diagrams ? Do you have mechanical engineering skills like sawing/filing/drilling?

Are you actually trying to make a faithful close equivalent to the original Fisher part, or do you just want to get the machine working with very minimal financial outlay?

• Like 3

On 6/1/2021 at 3:09 PM, PimentoUK said:

"That is expensive. Hoping to just find a writing diagram from someone"

It seems you're trying to make one of these devices, yet have no knowledge or skills to do so ?

There's already been enough tech info given on here for you to come up with a homebrew solution, even if it is a bit of a 'bodge/kluge/improvised' solution.

So to help us out here, what know-how etc do you have? Can you solder ? Can you obtain electronics parts? Do you understand electrical wiring diagrams ? Do you have mechanical engineering skills like sawing/filing/drilling?

Are you actually trying to make a faithful close equivalent to the original Fisher part, or do you just want to get the machine working with very minimal financial outlay?

On 5/31/2021 at 8:56 AM, DB1000 said:

That is expensive. Hoping to just find a writing diagram from someone. Thanks. 

Being it is a expensive water machine and the battery compartment is not Big and the factor of you doing it yourself, then with limited knowledge of how to...I would try and purchase one from Fisher, or someone equal. 

Pulled diagram, Pimento will add the correct

• Like 1