Milwaukee Power Inverter

Yes keep us informed on how many charges you get out of it for your dinosaur CTX 3030.  I also noticed it has USB port of 2.4 so that will allow for charging of your Equinox detector as well.

What I found out kind of strange a couple yrs ago.  My 2016 F-350 Super Duty Diesel would charge my detectors (including the Equinox) just fine, even if the truck is turned off.  I normally charge my detectors in the truck cab on trips in the desert or mountains.  My 2018 F-150 will charge my detectors when the truck is running, but as soon as I turn it off, the truck quits charging.  Heck it won't even charge my cell phone if the truck is not running.

Looks like it might be $100 well spent for those of us who don't like carrying generators and gas on such weekend trips.

Between this and the new Doc's Body Cover Kit for the GPX-6000, it's hard to tell which one will sell best for this up coming Father's Day.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

Will do Gerry. My truck has to have the accessory on or running in order to charge stuff and then the accessory will shut off after 20 min or so...Its nice to have another option. I think it will work fine and it seems to charge the CTX battery fast. I have never ran the CTX battery to empty yet so I dont know how long it will take to charge a dead battery. 

And I love my CTX that you sold me (2nd one) the first one I practically wore out and sold it. It still brings home the bacon and is my go to machine for bottle cap infested parks and a couple trashy beaches..It has the uncanny ability to ignore bottle caps and I can be confident that I'm not missing any gold rings while running in disc. Gold chains thats another story... I'll be calling when the CTX 4040 comes available !

Last weekend water hunt with the CTX

strick

20210520_152448.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

What I found out kind of strange a couple yrs ago.  My 2016 F-350 Super Duty Diesel would charge my detectors (including the Equinox) just fine, even if the truck is turned off.  I normally charge my detectors in the truck cab on trips in the desert or mountains.  My 2018 F-150 will charge my detectors when the truck is running, but as soon as I turn it off, the truck quits charging.  Heck it won't even charge my cell phone if the truck is not running.

I have a tacoma and it was the same way No Power to 12 volt plugs when turned off-its because of a relay that is only on when the ignition is on-so your battery wont be drained-so what I did was close the relay with a piece of tape and now my 12 volt plugs are always on:biggrin: :ph34r:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, strick said:

Thought I'd share this cool little inverter I just got. Some of you may already have it but I thought it would be good for those that have not seen this yet. It's really small and hopefully will work for field applications. I already charged my CTX battery and module with it with. IIf you have lots of Milwaukee tools like I do already it's a no brainer to get one of these as I have about five different batteries that I could bring along on a extended trip. I dont know how well it's going to work so I'll have to up date later on. If you have one already then let us know. 

20210522_100046.jpg

20210522_100138.jpg

Nice I have the M12-Drill-impact-rachet combo with a few batteries-Milwaukee builds some great stuff and kinda pricey but I also have a shit load of ryobi  18 volt tools with alot of batteries and ryobi makes a couple of different wattage invertors as well-so if I was to go that way I would get the ryobi instead :ph34r:

• Like 2

My 06 Ram 2500 has 3 12Volt plugs 2 on the dash and 1 in the center council. The 2 on the dash are with the key, the center council is on all the time.

Mike

• Like 1

If you know the watts on all batteries you will know how many charges you will get minus the watts used to run the inverter.

• Like 1

Not sure what this would do for the CTX battery, but I managed to get it for $15 one lucky day, and it will fully charge the Equinox (while attached to it and running) 3 times over. Power delivery (PD) batteries charge fast. Takes about an hour and a half from dead, but with it attached to the detector it's a bit heavy:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B082XC8BK7?