Question:

Does anyone else have a problem with the ws5 headphones battery going dead while they're turned off? They are updated to 5.21...twice !! 

Could it be the headphones have a problem or is it the battery? It's certainly not normal.  Thanks!

I have had issues with dirty contacts/dirty mini USB ports and plugs on my WS4, the remote and especially coils and the "butterfly" coil charging adapter. Sometimes these components appear to fully charge but they really haven't charged at all. Sometimes it looks like they aren't charging (according to the charging icons) and they are......... I use some quality electrical component cleaner, pencil eraser and canned air on those contact points. If that doesn't fix it, you may have a dying battery. XP detectors are not the only ones that have charging issues from dirty contacts.

Jeff, I bought these new in I think Feb. and they have acted this way from the start. I was told to update them and it should fix the problem. It seemed to have helped a little but certainly didn't fix it. I'm starting to wonder now if the problem is in the headphones themselves. 

Guest Tnsharpshooter

You might try charging the battery full up.  And then turn on headphones.  See how long it takes for the battery to deplete.  This may tell you bad battery.  Granted if headphones are not producing audio (good) battery should last even longer.  

Good luck.

I’ll bet your battery don’t last long run time wise.

43 minutes ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

You might try charging the battery full up.  And then turn on headphones.  See how long it takes for the battery to deplete.  This may tell you bad battery.  Granted if headphones are not producing audio (good) battery should last even longer.  

Good luck.

I’ll bet your battery don’t last long run time wise.

I'll try that and see how long it tables to run down. Thanks!