Nice effort, and deservedly rewarded.  Do you think this coil is providing improved separation, leading to finding keepers where you previously hunted with the same detector (but with larger coils)?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice effort, and deservedly rewarded.  Do you think this coil is providing improved separation, leading to finding keepers where you previously hunted with the same detector (but with larger coils)?

I hit this same park before with the 6" coil in some smaller dense trash areas and found my first gold ring there last year after missing it with the 11" coil. I don't know if the Coiltek has better seperation because the 11" has excellent seperation, but I think the narrower width helps alot with reducing target clutter under the coil, allowing more focused target search.

I experienced that last month at an iron riddled ghost town hunt. The 11" was detecting everything under the coil, but there were so many targets that I couldn't differentiate the target sounds in my head, it was just too much noise. When I switched to the 10x5" at least half that clutter seemed to disappear as I was able to focus in on the good targets better.

So I think the Coiltek's strong point is it allows laser precision focusing of the targets under the coil and allows you (or at least me) to better differentiate the sounds in your head, while allowing a larger sweep range than the 6" coil.

• Like 3