Still Working On The Raft For The Tm808... Need Help...

I've got the raft drawn up in CAD. I decided I don't want a long headphone cord, because of the difficulty of keeping it dry. I need a wireless headphone setup that will reach 15 or 20 feet. Any ideas? As always, I appreciate any help. I have a Garrett wireless, but though I haven't tested it, I doubt it will reach the distance I need.

Jim

19 minutes ago, Jim in Idaho said:

I have a Garrett wireless, but though I haven't tested it, I doubt it will reach the distance I need.

Give it a try.  I just tested my Z-Lynk transmitter-receiver pair in the back yard (w/Fisher F75 in motion all-metal with threshold cranked up; White's ProStar headphones) and could hear from at least 30 ft distance.  (I ran out of room since I didn't want to hop the fence into the neighbor's yard.  😉)

My Minelab WM08 & Equinox will get this distance easily as well, but in its case it's important not to let your body get between the receiver and (embedded in control housing) transmitter.  The Garrett Z-Lynk may be less bothered by that but good idea to have line-of-sight connection, anyway.

• Like 3

Yes...after I posted I decided I should give it a try, and it's charging now. I'll post after i try it. Thanks for the input! I haven't used my Z-Link much, so didn't realize it had that kind of range.

Jim

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Still Working On The Raft For The Tm808... Need Help...

That looks like a Dan Healy sound system set up for The Grateful Dead ! ,,, knowing him  , the speaker cabinets would have each been assigned their own target ID frequency !  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Try to find the Sennheiser RS 160 .. cordless headphones, they also have a good range ... at least 30-50 feet..

How have you progressed from detection techniques? a large coil detector or a Two-box detector?

for a 7 "x16" x1.5 "object, both options could be good .... Twobox will be better able to eliminate small waste - with a similar size of coils.

• Like 2

I'm going with my TM808. Should work for this. The raft is going to be about 40" wide, and 54" long. Made of 4" ABS pipe. I'm without wheels until tonight, but should be able to get it built tomorrow. Still trying to decide on the splash shields. Probably stop at Army Surplus tonight and see what they have in rubberized fabric. Also need to come up with some plastic grommets for the fabric, too. Trying to design this right so I don't have mishaps in use. Will post pics as I go along. Also still thinking on the steering mechanism...maybe just have it angle each way, so the current forces it to each side based on the angle. thinking of rigid connections between myself and the raft, but may settle for ropes. Rigid would give more control, however. Maybe 1/2" PVC pipe handles, 8 to 10' long. Also need to decide on connection points on raft...probably slightly ahead of midway along each side. Might also need a "keel" down the center to have more surface area for the water to push against for steering....probably a vertical piece of 1/4" ABS maybe 4-6" in depth, the length of the raft. I'll test it without, first. Might also use two 1/2 sections of the pipe, mounted back-to-back, rather than the flat keel. The curve would trap the water force better. Just sort of thinking as I type...LOL

Jim

• Like 1

Jim - posting some 3-D captures from your CAD design might help us better visualize your idea than words and might help you get more useful feedback.  

Regarding the Z-lynk > I think it would do as well as any propritary 2.4 GHz wireless audio system out there as far as transmit distance is concerned, so you should be good to go there. 

Sounds like a fun adventure and journey.

• Like 1

I didn't draw it up in 3d, Chase. Didn't need 3d, and no sense wasting the time on something so simple. I'm going up to get the truck out of the shop, and then to Home Depot for some materials. probably get it built tomorrow, or Thursday. The raft itself is simple. A few details to work out, but not much to it. Once built, I'll take it down to the river and see how it floats

Jim

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

I didn't draw it up in 3d, Chase. Didn't need 3d, and no sense wasting the time on something so simple.

Ok whatever.  Don't I feel like a rube making the suggestion.  Lol   Have fun chasing your dream bars... :wink:

• Like 1