Nox No Longer Charges.. Any Advice?

8 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

The problem has been resolved.

An update on things discussed in this thread ...................

I just ran across this vid about a clip system for building battery packs without soldering to the batteries. It's about EBIKES but more importantly about connecting lithium cells safely.

Seems like something anybody might be able to use without the risk of overheating the cells !

Cool but not really a solution for Equinox as you can’t fit the plastic overpack and terminal into the Equinox battery enclosure. Furthermore, this is really designed for easily interconnecting multiple cells in series parallel configurations, Equinox uses a single cell.  Finally, the evoke guy states you would still have to direct solder any BMS leads onto the cell, so you are back at square one soldering a “naked” cell with the compatible BMS leads.  

The ACTUAL solution is to simply purchase the Equinox compatible cell prefitted with the Equinox wiring harness pigtail directly from your ML dealer or repair center.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

True dat Chase.!

The Nox battery is just gonna have to be replaced with MFG spec. for now.....

I like the clips for the no solder feature though .

Good to see someone at least trying to come up with solutions , they'll get better and more battery problems will be solved.

Lithium being replaced by a different chemistry is gonna happen eventually and this issue will be put to bed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

True dat Chase.!

The Nox battery is just gonna have to be replaced with MFG spec. for now.....

I like the clips for the no solder feature though .

Good to see someone at least trying to come up with solutions , they'll get better and more battery problems will be solved.

Lithium being replaced by a different chemistry is gonna happen eventually and this issue will be put to bed. 

Yeah,  don’t get me wrong, that setup looks like a great (and safe) way to add some DIY capacity to a home brew Li power source for backup or RV mobile/in-the-field setups.  Glad you posted it.

• Like 1