Nox No Longer Charges.. Any Advice?

Yes , Warning Warning ! Danger Will Robinson !   Is correct !

I was just thinking post a quick soldering 101 when I posted ....my life doing the shows was usually "emergency surgery" keep the show on time without access to parts , usually in the dead of night !!! LOL

I'll change or delete the post if anybody thinks I should.  

Personally , I carry a portable battery  for extended use beyond the built in batt capacity. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This was posted by Dan (NM) in another thread:

"UPDATE.....If you buy an out of warranty replacement pod, it will carry a 3-year warranty. If you buy the refurbished unit, it will carry a one year warranty.  The batteries are $30 and can be purchased through either the repair center or your dealer. You do not have to send in the old battery, but she did recommend that the repair center do the replacement. It wasn't required, only recommended. You cannot buy a replacement pod without sending in a defective unit."

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2021 at 7:41 PM, Erik Oostra said:

Here's how to change the battery posted earlier by Erik.

• Like 1

There's nothing to changing out the battery. Just be careful when you take it in and out of the cylinder that you don't damage the o-ring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Customer can change the battery if they can follow step-by-step instructions as posted above.

Well what the heck was the conversation about soldering and blah. blah???

Even a electrical hack like me can change this battery! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, midalake said:

That was before we found out we could order the battery pack direct from minelab and authorized repair centers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, midalake said:

Because people were unwilling to heed my advice from a few weeks ago and inquire directly from Aus Minelab Support directly to get the answer for warranty and out of warranty machines. Instead, it was just assumed ML would simply have you fend fend for yourself, so folks suggested hacks for cannibalizing and soldering a compatible Equinox battery wiring harness and connector to a generic version of the Equinox Li battery cell and things kind of snowballed from there.  Apparently, if ML USA is to be believed, going down that risky route was totally unnecessary.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

The problem has been resolved.

An update on things discussed in this thread ...................

I just ran across this vid about a clip system for building battery packs without soldering to the batteries. It's about EBIKES but more importantly about connecting lithium cells safely.

Seems like something anybody might be able to use without the risk of overheating the cells !

• Like 1