What’s Going On With My V3i?

hello,when you do the tests especially at home or even outside the home in the garden, however in a built-up area there are often emi problems, because now modern houses are worse than nuclear power stations (wifi modem router, bluetooth, telephone repeaters, etc.) even if with other detectors you have not had the same problems and they turn out to be silent does not mean that they are not affected by interference, in fact never do tests near or inside the house. For example, I have the CTX 3030 that if I turn it on inside the house and turn on a neon lamp it goes crazy! For the speech plates I confirm what is written above by others, on my experience and tests made by other friends in dedicated forums, the best plates for the v3i are the small ones, I would say not to go beyond the 12x10 sef ..... also eprche the vlf white's suffer a little from mineralized soils and black sands, to date the best tested is the detech ultimate from 7 "DD really an excellent plate, you can keep high gain without signal phases, stable at hemi, and in mineralized it is better than plates Another excellent plate that is no longer found is the mars sniper 10x6 .... I do not recommend the whites eclipse 10x6 ... they have given you a bit of annoyance .... 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Break1 said:

hello,when you do the tests especially at home or even outside the home in the garden, however in a built-up area there are often emi problems, because now modern houses are worse than nuclear power stations (wifi modem router, bluetooth, telephone repeaters, etc.) even if with other detectors you have not had the same problems and they turn out to be silent does not mean that they are not affected by interference, in fact never do tests near or inside the house. For example, I have the CTX 3030 that if I turn it on inside the house and turn on a neon lamp it goes crazy! For the speech plates I confirm what is written above by others, on my experience and tests made by other friends in dedicated forums, the best plates for the v3i are the small ones, I would say not to go beyond the 12x10 sef ..... also eprche the vlf white's suffer a little from mineralized soils and black sands, to date the best tested is the detech ultimate from 7 "DD really an excellent plate, you can keep high gain without signal phases, stable at hemi, and in mineralized it is better than plates Another excellent plate that is no longer found is the mars sniper 10x6 .... I do not recommend the whites eclipse 10x6 ... they have given you a bit of annoyance .... 

The 6x10 Eclipse is, hands down, the best coil White's ever build in house. I do own two of them and both work excellent on my detectors in all environments. Very sensitive at good depth and stable VID. IMO

52306672_Cool-MXTM6639x362.jpg.32fd4c65932fc1c94a3d76f6e0265dfa.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 8:00 PM, locator said:

The 6x10 Eclipse is, hands down, the best coil White's ever build in house. I do own two of them and both work excellent on my detectors in all environments. Very sensitive at good depth and stable VID. IMO

52306672_Cool-MXTM6639x362.jpg.32fd4c65932fc1c94a3d76f6e0265dfa.jpg

the eclipse for mxt series no problem, but the series v-nulled for v3i in past have many problem (many friends have problem with v-nulled lost)

For Correct coil operation ..for not too functional V-Rated coil you can use the Spectra V3 "Signal Probe" function ... and try to fine-tune such a coil with a piece of ferrite or non-ferrous metal ... 

The task here is simple .. .... it is necessary to reduce the% - percentage value of the signal using the !Signal Probe function" ... to an acceptable level - for RX Gain 15 ...
   It's also a "small reverse engineering" from my tent :smile:...- I thought of doing it .. when I bought a coil that had very bad V -Rated parameters ..- now this coil now works well with RX Gain 15 ...👍

• Like 1

• 3 months later...