To Point Or Not To Point

When I was a kid I was told it's not polite to point. The kid got lots of years behind him detecting now.

One dealer sent me a pinpointer some years back but I didn't like the looks of it. To me it look like a box of M & M peanuts that you get at the show with a big pencil sticking out one end.

The newer shape came out you can wrap your hand around it and this I like. So when I ordered a detector from Digger Bob I said I'd try another pointer. So now I find myself as soon I open the ground I reach for my pointer. Oh my thinking is why didn't I use the first one I had.

If anyone is out there detecting without one do yourself a favor and buy one. I think back for all the years I could have cut down on time looking for the target I'd located.

I know they are not cheap but what is anymore.

Chuck

• Like 1

do you use it for nugget hunting? and which one do you use?

Use mine coin hunting, to keep those holes small but tried it nugget hunting and rarely use now. Missus is a ex school teacher and is always pointing when I`m in the poo.

Glenn in Co

I use the same pointer as you and I love it.

Gambler

I didn't have my pointer with me the last time I was out nugget hunting. I plan on giving it a try that if and when I get to the gold fields again

Norvic

You are talking to a man that knows his Poo  I step back in it enough I should.

The Best 

Chuck

A 7000 finds a pointer no matter where you carry it.

I use a pointer on the beach.