Colloidal Transport And Flocculation Are The Causes Of The Hyperenrichment Of Gold In Nature

Thanks for sharing this article.   In my own research on gold deposit formation and gold nugget formation I have found a variety of hypothesis for gold deposition starting with the work of Lindgren in 1901.  These hypothesis can be organized into groups of hypothesis by deposit model depending upon whether one is considering vein deposits, disseminated deposits, replacement deposits, skarn deposits, greenstone gold deposits or other models.  And there seems to be some overlap between hypothesis within given groups and between groups. As implied in the article, there may more than one process involved and gold vein formation may differ from some aspects of gold nugget formation.   However, it is interesting to consider that there may be an overlap in the two processes (vein formation and nugget formation).  And as mentioned (or implied) in the article, this new insight and understanding may present new opportunities for exploration and nugget patch location.  The original academic paper contains some interesting images and accompanying descriptions.  This research poses an interesting question:  is this process an over-arching or umbrella type of process that is active in the formation of many of the various types of deposits (i.e. deposit models)?  Only further research will provide the answer.  However, the more we understand about the geology of gold formation and deposition the greater the probability of success, and this research has certainly added to both our understanding and our arsenal of exploration tools.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I like the part that says that deposition of bonanza type deposits may be more common than thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GotAU? said:

I like the part that says that deposition of bonanza type deposits may be more common than thought.

Yep, try finding it with your metal detector or shovel and pans though. Much of it will be extremely deep in the ground, or in countries we can’t access.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cascade Steven said:

Thanks for sharing this article.   In my own research on gold deposit formation and gold nugget formation I have found a variety of hypothesis for gold deposition starting with the work of Lindgren in 1901.  These hypothesis can be organized into groups of hypothesis by deposit model depending upon whether one is considering vein deposits, disseminated deposits, replacement deposits, skarn deposits, greenstone gold deposits or other models.  And there seems to be some overlap between hypothesis within given groups and between groups. As implied in the article, there may more than one process involved and gold vein formation may differ from some aspects of gold nugget formation.   However, it is interesting to consider that there may be an overlap in the two processes (vein formation and nugget formation).  And as mentioned (or implied) in the article, this new insight and understanding may present new opportunities for exploration and nugget patch location.  The original academic paper contains some interesting images and accompanying descriptions.  This research poses an interesting question:  is this process an over-arching or umbrella type of process that is active in the formation of many of the various types of deposits (i.e. deposit models)?  Only further research will provide the answer.  However, the more we understand about the geology of gold formation and deposition the greater the probability of success, and this research has certainly added to both our understanding and our arsenal of exploration tools.

No worries, I am always on the lookout for how nuggets form which could lead to new areas to detect.  Not sure if you have this article but this one is interesting as well from 2007.

2007 - Gold Nuggets Supergene or Hypogene - Hough et al.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks again for sharing this information, I as a newbie can use all the help I can get to use.

Good luck on your next outing and let us know if you find that great big 100kg nugget!

• Like 1

Very interesting, thank you for the info.

I have my own theory that gold and other elements are formed by transmutation by way of a combination of heat, pressure, catalist minerals and sound frequency.

They have demonstrated transmutation in nuclear reactors and post nuclear explosion.

But I belive that this can occur in with way less of an energy relese and at lower temp with the aid of naturally occuring feromagnetic catalist fluxes and sound freequency.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

Very interesting, thank you for the info.

I have my own theory that gold and other elements are formed by transmutation by way of a combination of heat, pressure, catalist minerals and sound frequency.

They have demonstrated transmutation in nuclear reactors and post nuclear explosion.

But I belive that this can occur in with way less of an energy relese and at lower temp with the aid of naturally occuring feromagnetic catalist fluxes and sound freequency.

Is that about nuclear fusion where two or more lighter atomic nuclei are combined to for a new heavier element? That does occur in stars forming the lighter elements, but there's only one [natural] way to make gold and the heavier elements from other lighter elements, and it isn't in Earth or from our Sun (luckily!). The latest and most accepted theory with direct evidence is from colliding neutron stars, the ones that death spin into each other.

Radioactive decay in the Earth formed Argon, lead and other elements from heavier ones, but it always forms lighter, more stable nuclei as an end product.

• Like 4