1942 S Walking Liberty Half-dollar, 1944 Washington Quarter, 2 Silver Dimes!

Looks like a great day of hunting for you, glad to see some nice saves.

One of these days I am going to get back out there, if grandmother stops making a list of things to do for me.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice hunt. It'd be hitting that area hard digging anything that even peeps on the EQ. Anytime you find silver like that, there must be more just under, a little bit deeper. I'm not sure on the marks on the chain, but maybe it could be silver under that gold (vermeil). A successful day for sure.

• Thanks 1

Great stuff! Awesome you found old silver.

"CH" is "plated" in Spanish. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice hunt. It'd be hitting that area hard digging anything that even peeps on the EQ. Anytime you find silver like that, there must be more just under, a little bit deeper. I'm not sure on the marks on the chain, but maybe it could be silver under that gold (vermeil). A successful day for sure.

This is more like park hunting than beach hunting in the area where I found the coins.  These never got wet.  Most of the coins with age that I have found were in the 40s.  I can't remember any of them even in the 30s so far so I think this area was a house party area during WWII.  I'd have to research it somehow and confirm that.

When I'm done with the Nox and getting most of the trash then I could use my 5000 to see if there is deeper beeps.  There is kind of a hard pan under the several inches of sand.

What settings would you try?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Great stuff! Awesome you found old silver.

"CH" is "plated" in Spanish. 😀

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It has too mean solid 24K Gold 😄 What does SU stand for (if anything)?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

This is more like park hunting than beach hunting in the area where I found the coins.  These never got wet.  Most of the coins with age that I have found were in the 40s.  I can't remember any of them even in the 30s so far so I think this area was a house party area during WWII.  I'd have to research it somehow and confirm that.

When I'm done with the Nox and getting most of the trash then I could use my 5000 to see if there is deeper beeps.  There is kind of a hard pan under the several inches of sand.

What settings would you try?

Yeah, They look like it. Every once in a while my silver, very high on the beach, come out much cleaner looking and only starts to turn black on a very small section of the coin. They also clean up nice. If hard pan is under 10 inches (clay or rocks?), I would just use the stock settings. If you overdrive the machine that close to clay you gain nothing. Better to get a smooth threshold than to do what I do looking for 15-20" coins. The GXP on low settings can handle 10" and under nicely. At 10" it should be a sweet, quiet response. Deeper than that I can't give you (and the rest of the world) my settings 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

What does SU stand for (if anything)?

I found the SU is 'Italy.'   So it is a 'cheap' Italian designed chain.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

It has too mean solid 24K Gold 😄

I wish!