Later Rather Than Sooner On The 6000?

I don't know how many 6000s are already 'in the system' as complete units in the box ready for use but the Covid count in Malaysia is forcing them to shut down some things.

https://www.newsweek.com/malaysia-sets-new-covid-case-record-amid-concerns-about-new-variant-1594595 

Be prepared for a long wait with the chip shortage.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

I can wait until Labor day, then I start crying 😢 I have some relic and beach hunts planned. Come on MInelab throw us a bone!

Maybe the container carrying the US bound GPX 6000 is on the bottom of this cargo with over 300 containers! I've heard each dealer is only getting 2 - 3 GPX 6000 units each at the end of the month, same for June and July...lots of demand, limited supply.☹️:minelab:

Bill

image.png.096b91f2311dd338acc856b3ddeb0fcd.png

This is from the ML meeting:

On 5/26/2021 at 10:18 AM, cobill said:

I've heard each dealer is only getting 2 - 3 GPX 6000 units each at the end of the month, same for June and July...lots of demand, limited supply.☹️:minelab:

• Oh my! 1

Well ... everyone's personal patches aren't going anywhere.  Act like you have a 6000 now with what you've got and when you get it go back and be Amazed by the performance of what you could not see.

• Like 2

I don't know which is worse, having had ‘some’ stock and satisfying ‘some’ customers or not having ‘any’ stock and just having to be patient with a lot of dissatisfied roaming customers. 😢  I am daily seeing customers who “I have worked hard for” going elsewhere because we cannot supply, of course I know other dealers are suffering the same issues but this kind of thing really does your head in from a business POV! 😞 I really feel for the ML sales guys here in OZ they are being asked the same question over an over again with no ready answers to give till the stock (if any) arrives at the airport!! 🤕 

Imagine trying to plan the manufacturing and release dates for all this? Kinda of like having a crystal ball with a towel over it, it’s more or less totally down to guess work with all the world event variables going against them at every turn. How do you make a science out of pure guess work? 🤔 

JP

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

It would just be nice to hear the "official" reason from Minelab and more than likely it is multiple reasons but just SOME news.  Even a blog with updates.  Week 1: No chips this week.  Week 2: Still no chips.  Week 3: Made 10 units only going to testers.  Week 4: No chips again.  Week 5: Covid Lockdown......  Something like that would at least give some info.  People can handle the truth, they might not like it, but they can handle it much better than no info and pure guess work.

In the interim, sure would be nice if the folks who do have 6k's could show us some nice videos of them finding gold with it 😁

• Like 6

I heard rumors that there were issues with the US models that needed to be fixed. No idea if there is anything to it. Likely a combination of several factors, including Covid and chip shortage.