Later Rather Than Sooner On The 6000?

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Maybe they were aware of it and it couldn't be fixed and it's just how it has to be, like many things in metal detecting a compromise, at least it has Bluetooth so there are easy workarounds that are likely better than using the speaker anyway so for most it won't be an issue.

It would be interesting to know if the issue is coming from speaker acting like an antenna, or if it's coming from interference on the audio frequency band itself while the speaker works.

The first seems like it could be solved by replacing the speaker with a transducer, as it would likely be the voice coil acting as the antenna. The latter seems like it could be fixed with optical isolation, optical transmission, or better shielded wire. All seem like things that could be fixed post manufacturing. Or potentially doable DIY mods if warranty allowed.

I have no desire to buy another BT unit and hang it off my chest where I already have a WM12 hanging and getting lost occasionally. If we are going that route then I hope they just make it possible to use the WM12 to keep it simple.

The 6000 is an awesome prospecting machine for a number of reasons, a big one is because it's one piece, quick to rig up and down, and simple. That's one of its strengths. It should stay that way. Forward, not backwards!

• Like 3

I inquired yesterday re a ETA for the 17" Mono coil for the 6000 (in South Australia) and the distributor does not  have a date yet when they will have them - said Minelab were having chip supply issues and where concentrating on making the 6000 rather than accessories at the moment. Still a very large backlog of orders for the 6000 as well - suggested i could sell mine at a premium at the moment but that's not going to happening - too many adventures planned. Every detecting day my shoulder thanks me for the 6000 - but now other body parts (legs) are starting to complain because i am detecting longer.

• Like 1

Let's see when coil covers become available. Not sure how long the single supplied one will last. No chip, hence no excuse... 

There where some coil covers here for sale but have sold out. May have missed out on conversation re chips in coil - has someone x rayed them and there is no chip?

Dealer Meeting - Ssshhh

I don't it's any big secret that just about everything is in shortage.  It has been this way in the metal detector industry for well over a year, forcing some companies to shut their doors, while others struggle to stay open.  I would almost say anything coming from overseas will have some shortage.  

I can't discuss numbers, really don't know them, but I serious doubt due to what is going on in the world, part shortages and such, the numbers of GPX 6000's in the US will be very small to start.  I'm sure there will be allocations, allowing all dealers to get at least one in their hands.  This is just my opinion, I'm not speaking from hearing something from Minelab as a dealer.

There is a lot of excitement and I expect this to be a super, hot selling metal detector once it's readily available (hopefully before the US cooler, winter season).

Rob

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

Dealer Meeting - Ssshhh

I don't it's any big secret that just about everything is in shortage.  It has been this way in the metal detector industry for well over a year, forcing some companies to shut their doors, while others struggle to stay open.  I would almost say anything coming from overseas will have some shortage.  

I can't discuss numbers, really don't know them, but I serious doubt due to what is going on in the world, part shortages and such, the numbers of GPX 6000's in the US will be very small to start.  I'm sure there will be allocations, allowing all dealers to get at least one in their hands.  This is just my opinion, I'm not speaking from hearing something from Minelab as a dealer.

There is a lot of excitement and I expect this to be a super, hot selling metal detector once it's readily available (hopefully before the US cooler, winter season).

Rob

Thanks for the update, Rob. Looks like my new NF-ZS will be of good service then. Will arrive tomorrow. Thanks again. 

9 hours ago, Norvic said:

My 2 bobs worth, the EMI "problem" you fellows are on about doesn`t exist from my use. It is much like the volume control on the GPZ 7000, the higher you set it the more hotter the machine is. The vids you are watching I would say have the speaker volume turned right up, thus the induced instability". I suspect the volume control is not a totally AG gain control but more a digital RF gain control not like a linear booster one places on the audio output.  

Further to this I have been playing with the volume control setting on both the 6000 and the Torus headband and an early observation is this can be a powerful feature ie. with the volume control on the 6000 increased from minimum and the volume control decreased on the headband the machine becomes hotter and seems to bring in the positive signals even more pronounced which at this early stage makes the 6000 detecting ability more like a VLF and thus may be the answer to those fine specie that PIs to now cannot detect as well as VLFs. Might just be the PI that suits Gerry`s detecting style.

Like I said at the beginning my 2 bobs worth is, tis naught to be concerned about. The 6000 to me is one hot detector with new superior technology and like Steve said will probably become a classic like the GB2, those of us who were at it when the GB2 was introduced will well remember the negatives people expressed towards it and that was before the social forums we now enjoy. Heh I`m the fellow who was right amongst the X coil advantage what a month or so back, that had every negative possible thrown at, but they filled my pocket as the 6000 is now. 

Can’t be too much of a fault/problem/error or whatever it’s being called because I can’t get mine to do it 🤨.

I have found the 6000 loads quieter then the sdc/5k/zed have been running it on Auto+ with speaker (because I keep forgetting the headphones) on the worst areas I can find, found gold on all.

Hopefully they suspend sales and spend 12 months trying to figure out this ‘problem’ 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, VicR said:

I inquired yesterday re a ETA for the 17" Mono coil for the 6000 (in South Australia) and the distributor does not  have a date yet when they will have them - said Minelab were having chip supply issues and where concentrating on making the 6000 rather than accessories at the moment. Still a very large backlog of orders for the 6000 as well - suggested i could sell mine at a premium at the moment but that's not going to happening - too many adventures planned. Every detecting day my shoulder thanks me for the 6000 - but now other body parts (legs) are starting to complain because i am detecting longer.

yeah if theses stinking lockdowns would piss off  ...  Three of us had vans packed for a Saturday morning launch...........

8 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

End of August would be perfect for me.  Getting too hot in southern AZ.

6 minutes ago, Swegin said:

End of August would be perfect for me.  Getting too hot in southern AZ.

You need to come north this is our prime time.  They should send the first big batches to the northern dealers and after filled send the rest to the southern dealers 😉😂😂

• Like 1