Mars MD Universal Metal Detector Shaft

This new shaft is supposed to have the ability to work with dozens of metal detectors. It has been delayed for some time but will supposedly hit the market in the next couple months for around US$130 plus shipping. Shipping might be a bit since this is from overseas unless somebody is distributing for Mars in the U.S.

Anybody have any wild guesses where the inspiration for the design came from?

More Information Mars MD Website

The images on the website link above look small but are HUGE and so very slow to download. If you click on one you will se what I mean.

marsmd-universal-metal-detector-shaft.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Steve

I just went to take another look at the MX Sport. I may be wrong but they both sure look a lot like.

If I was to take a S shaft and lay it on top of this one I just don't see the 130.00 dollars worth. What I do see is just a sharp edge in the turns over the S shaft.

Chuck

Say you the Mfg. of the product can ask what you wish. The thing is you have to now convince me I can't live without your shaft you have . 

If I want what you have my trouble is I don't look at the price. In this case it don't do anything for me and that's what makes it easy for me to say no.

That is the way life is. Some things we can live without and others I can't live unless I can get it.

Chuck

PS I can't say I'd be happy even if you hung me with a new rope. I didn't like the twist. 

I love this forum.

No info on what lower shafts alone will cost. I would consider this mod for my 4500. It would ride better on my wheeler.

So I am Googling around on this and trip over this other one - looks like a very interesting option for a Minelab PI or whatever.

"Telescopic stem for Golden Mask metal detectors, light-weight and easy to transport. Made from 100% carbon fibres, light and strong. Very compact when collapsed."

gold-mask-carbon-fiber-metal-detector-collapsible-shaft.jpg

137 Euro mailed to US or about $150 delivered. http://www.goldenmaskdetectors.com/accessory_details.php?id=9&lang=en

Here is an Oz thread about a guy selling one he modified for the Minelabs - guess he did not like it? https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14889

Shoot I just got the xp shaft for my gpx 4500. O well I think I will like it alot once I'm done. Just waiting on my nf coil. It was a must for me as I ride a enduro to alot of spots, and hike in to real remote areas.

I may be biased here but I can promise you the XP quality is second to none. I would not be willing to vouch for the newcomers as yet. The first is not even out yet. Anyone here had experience with the Golden Mask shaft? I asked over at Tom's also http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,98768