Coiltek Nox 10x5 - Watch Out!

10 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Yea I quite like my 10?x5" Coiltek.  Thanks for doing your posts Chase.  There seems to be very few people reporting on their experience with the Coiltek Nox coils anywhere even though it appears they're very popular..  I found the 10x5" to be slightly less sensitive to small gold than the 6" but I guess you would expect that, it's like comparing the Gold Monster 5" coil to the Gold Monster 10x5" coil, everyone is very aware of which is best on small gold. 

Other than that I've found it to be an excellent coil and I'm glad I've got it.  I'm going to give the other Coiltek coils a miss.  I've had a friend get the 14x9" and indicated he wasn't overly impressed with it finding the 11" deeper and give better ID's and the 15" seems to not overly give more depth than the 15x12" which is a shame as that one is one I wanted the most for more depth on coins.  My dealer had me one there but I backed out of it and let him sell it to the next in line when reports were coming in on no real extra depth benefits.

The 10x5" seems the best of the bunch I think.

Thanks.  Still looking for my first gold find with this coil, but jewelry not nuggets. Still, I was pleased with its micro target performance so I am hopeful it is just a matter of getting my coil over the target, seems the coil and Equinox will get it done in that case.

I too have no interest in the other two Nox coils at this point.

Seems you got a different solution to more coin target depth with that newly acquired CTX, though bit more expensive than a new coil.  Seems to be getting the job done.

• Like 3

Yes, really enjoying the CTX and currently looking into the Coiltek coils for it.

The 14x9" Nox coil might be more popular with the water hunters, it seems it was specifically designed for that purpose with the extra weight being heavier than the 15" perhaps being beneficial for in the water?  I'm not much of a water hunter, the waters too cold here for me to be flapping around in 🙂 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I could swing this coil all day long.   Love it's stability, sensitivity, depth, separation, coverage, and, of course, it's weight. 

Thanks for the information on the coil, I am waiting for one to get to Gerry so he can sell it to me.

I have not been out there swinging my 800 yet because of the jobs grandmother has me doing around the house.

I am hoping to get out there this weekend to hit up some of the old churches.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 3

Nice watch! Racking up the clad too. I've read that ID is more solid with this coil, are you finding that to be the case? 

• Like 2

Nice watch and thanks for the report. Do you guys have much black sand over there? I've got a couple beaches that I hunt with lots of it but the nox still does well...I have been kicking myself for not ordering this coil when they first came out because now I want one and there are none lol

strick  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, strick said:

Nice watch and thanks for the report. Do you guys have much black sand over there? I've got a couple beaches that I hunt with lots of it but the nox still does well...I have been kicking myself for not ordering this coil when they first came out because now I want one and there are none lol

strick  

This beach does not appear to have any black sand.  I was able to run Beach 1 stable in the surf wash at 23 sensitivity.  The only thing holding me back was the hotel strip wifi emi.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Coiltek Nox 10x5 - Watch Out!

I waited so long for this coil I lost interest. Hopefully whatever comes after the CTX and Equinox, does not have a three year gap between release, and useful accessory coils arriving. Coiltek does appear to have scored with one out of three. The larger 9x12 elliptical is pretty much limited to water hunting, and the 15” round is just too heavy for the machine. Reviews on the 5x10 have been uniformly positive however, and it is priced right, so a very worthy addition to the lineup. Thanks Coiltek. :smile:

coiltek-5-x-10-searchcoil-minelab-equinox.jpg

• Like 8