How Bad Is Minelab Customer Service?

Was operating for the first time in a creek bed with running water 12 inches deep with my Minelab Equinox 600 and my new 800 when we had a problem.

As soon as the control head on the 600 got wet it shut down and would not operate.

I attempted to contact Minelab Customer Support using their provide numbers and only was able to leave messages.

That was 3 days ago and still no return call after leaving daily request for call back.

Just for grins I call Minelab in Australia and they promptly answered the phone and listened to my issue contacting Customer Support for the Americas.

I was told that they would contact the U.S. office and I would be contacted. Still waiting.

We have sent several emails to the U.S. office and no response.

Does anyone know a Minelab Sales Representative that can light a fire under Customer Support?

• Oh my! 3

They usually have great customer service...call your dealer and let them know whats going on.

strick

• Like 1

• The title was changed to How Bad Is Minelab Customer Service?

Great info.

Isn't it nice to have someone like Steve H. with all the great information on hand.

Minelab is a great company with outstanding customer service most of the time, be patient and they will reply to you.

• Like 1

Minelab Australia is always outstanding and they respond to emails very quickly, the NZ service agent is fantastic too (A&E Electronics).   You took the right step contacting ML Australia when you were having troubles as it makes them aware subcontracted people or their own business in a different region isn't up to their high standards or are having difficulties for whatever reason.  if you have no luck elsewhere contacting the place you purchased it from is always the best step.     It sounds like Minelab Customer care in the US isn't functioning as intended and Minelab head office in Australia may not have been aware of that but will be now. 

• Like 5

Hey Phrunt,

I think for the most part, it's this COVID crap here in the US.  I work for a major company here in the US beyond running my business and 70% or better are still working from home.  I think Minelab USA is in the same boat, many are probably still working from home, meaning less people potentially at the main office, repair center and such.  

I'm basing this off solely what is going on in the West Coast right now, USA.

I read an article a few days ago about major companies struggling to get employees back to work.  When you allow someone to stay home for so long, they don't want to return and many employees are claiming it's not "SAFE" to return to the work place! :ph34r:

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that Rob, we've been largely so sheltered from it in this part of the world it's very easy to forget it's even happening.  It makes some sense that could be the issue.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Minelab Australia is always outstanding and they respond to emails very quickly, the NZ service agent is fantastic too (A&E Electronics).   You took the right step contacting ML Australia when you were having troubles as it makes them aware subcontracted people or their own business in a different region isn't up to their high standards or are having difficulties for whatever reason.  if you have no luck elsewhere contacting the place you purchased it from is always the best step.     It sounds like Minelab Customer care in the US isn't functioning as intended and Minelab head office in Australia may not have been aware of that but will be now. 

yeah i,ve found Minelab  in SA  great ..............