How Bad Is Minelab Customer Service?

8 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Phrunt,

I think for the most part, it's this COVID crap here in the US.  I work for a major company here in the US beyond running my business and 70% or better are still working from home.  I think Minelab USA is in the same boat, many are probably still working from home, meaning less people potentially at the main office, repair center and such.  

I'm basing this off solely what is going on in the West Coast right now, USA.

I read an article a few days ago about major companies struggling to get employees back to work.  When you allow someone to stay home for so long, they don't want to return and many employees are claiming it's not "SAFE" to return to the work place! :ph34r:

Rob

Even if working from home they should have the ability to answer an email or return a phone call.  Those two are supposed to be the easiest things to do working from home.  That’s all we had to do for the first few months and it worked pretty flawlessly.  But I’m also surprised because I’ve always had great customer service with the USA office.  🤷‍♂️  

• Like 4

I don't know what is going on with Customer Care, they used to be responsive - so all the COVID working from home stuff is just speculation at this point.  I DO know Keith and Company have not been working from home at the repair center.  The only thing that has been slowing down the repair center is parts availability due to the screwed up overseas supply chain as a result of the pandemic and they are not unique in being affected by this issue.   All customer care would do at this point is get you in direct contact with the repair center.  Steve H. has enabled you to bypass all of that.   If you can't get someone on the horn with a direct call to the repair center, then there is a legit problem.  I have not seen anything in this thread that implies the OP has attempted that yet.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 7:24 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Are you attempting to contact Minelab corporate, or the U.S. service center? They are two separate outfits, with actual detector repair sublet out to Detector Center. Detector Center is Keith Leppert of Ft. Bedford Metal Detectors. Good folks. Minelab “Customer Care” seems non-responsive lately, but Keith is normally on top of things.

This is the Minelab U.S. service center:

Detector Center
190 Oak Shade Road
Alum Bank, PA 15521
Phone numbers are 630-401-8154 and 630-401-8159

email info@detectorpro.com

These are the Corporate Offices:

MINELAB AMERICAS INC
123 Ambassador Drive, Suite 123
Naperville, IL  60540, USA

Customer Care:
1-877-SOS-MLAB (1-877-767-6522)
Toll Free: 1-888-949-6522
T: 1-630-401-8150
F: 1-630-401-8180
E: service@minelabamericas.com for Service
E: info@minelabamericas.com for Consumer products
E: countermine@minelab.com.au for Countermine products

Hello everyone -

I saw the need to follow up on this for clarity.

Detector Center is an independent but Minelab dedicated Authorized Service Center.  

This business is staffed by technicians who repair detectors, but Minelab's Naperville office handles the initial processing of your concerns and put the repair process in motion.   To set up a repair, first contact Minelab Service at the following contact points:

877-767-6522    or service@minelabamericas.com 

The address to ship your detector after you first contact Minelab for initial processing:

Detector Center
188 Oak Shade Road
Alum Bank, PA 15521

Thank you everyone

• Like 7

I contacted Minelab America Customer Service and they have yet to return any of my calls.

Not exactly my expectation of a positive Customer Service experience.

Jason in Australia responded quickly.

We finally received an email asking us to send the unit in for service.

However, there has been no return phone call. 

Minelab America i

We have called the call the phone numbers provided on the Minelab web page that you posted. No return calls yet.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Keith Leppert said:

Hello everyone -

I saw the need to follow up on this for clarity.

Detector Center is an independent but Minelab dedicated Authorized Service Center.  

This business is staffed by technicians who repair detectors, but Minelab's Naperville office handles the initial processing of your concerns and put the repair process in motion.   To set up a repair, first contact Minelab Service at the following contact points:

877-767-6522    or service@minelabamericas.com 

The address to ship your detector after you first contact Minelab for initial processing:

Detector Center
188 Oak Shade Road
Alum Bank, PA 15521

Thank you everyone

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the clarification. I did not want to see you getting tarred for Naperville's lack of response. But it does set up a Catch-22, where people can't get service from you, due to inability to make the initial contact with Minelab.

• Like 3

OK, this is weird. I just got a message left on my phone from Minelab 601-401-8150 from Axel? Returning my call about an Equinox problem? Are they trying to call OP but accidently calling me? I have no idea how the guy got my number, or why I got the call. Am I being trolled? All too odd.

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

OK, this is weird. I just got a message left on my phone from Minelab 601-401-8150 from Axel? Returning my call about an Equinox problem? Are they trying to call OP but accidentally calling me? I have no idea how the guy got my number, or why I got the call. Am I being trolled? All too odd.

Like I said, Customer Care is short staffed and a little stunned right now.  At least they are trying now and that's what is most important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 9:26 AM, Edward78208 said:

Was operating for the first time in a creek bed with running water 12 inches deep with my Minelab Equinox 600 and my new 800 when we had a problem.

As soon as the control head on the 600 got wet it shut down and would not operate.

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

So here is my temporary solution and I can't do this every time someone has an issue. Edward,  give me a call, Gerry's Detectors in Boise, Idaho 208-345-8898 and I can get a loaner coil sent out to you today (if you are in the United States).

Gerry - awesome offer but his problem appears to be a drowned control head, not a bad coil, unless I am missing something.

• Like 2

Hopefully just a temporary hiccup! I've used the Alum Bank Repair center five times in the last year and a half, and they have been nearly perfect in their responses!, and repair/testing/replacements for me! And I'm just an average Joe!!👍👍

• Like 2