Final Hunt On My Silver Beach For A While

I swear you are the best salesman for the GPX. Unreal! Congratulations on a winning season.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

It’s funny when you stay in the sun digging all day, strange things happen to you on the trip home. Like scratching your back and your hand cramps closed. So, you use you other hand to open it and then that hand cramps shut Dehydration, even with 64 ounces of hydration drinks, just doesn’t cut it. I’m fine now but getting old sucks!

Haha...it does suck getting old.  I can relate to your hand wanting to close itself shut.  😌. Your push for 200 reminded me of my push for 800 silver coins back in 2015...I came up a little short, but I ended up with way more than I thought I would get, and that year turned out to be my most productive ever. 

Congrats on a great beach season! 👍🏼

• Like 4

Once again another nice hunt for you with some good silver at that.

I would love to see the silver cleaned up some if you have time to do that.

Good luck on your next spot and may the coin Gods be with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is a good 'final hunt' but I bet you hit 200 the first trip back ... won't that still be in 2021?  haha

Now, where do you go until Labor Day?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I swear you are the best salesman for the GPX. Unreal! Congratulations on a winning season.

😄 Yeah free advertising.... not even a free GPX 6000 for my troubles 😆 When I'm talking with people on the beach they always ask what machine are you using. Once I tell how much it cost the conversation usually stops. I do end with the line " I am an unpaid sanitation worker". I figure they may put in a good word for us if they ever want to eliminate metal detecting from the beaches.

8 hours ago, Raphis said:

Haha...it does suck getting old.  I can relate to your hand wanting to close itself shut.  😌. Your push for 200 reminded me of my push for 800 silver coins back in 2015...I came up a little short, but I ended up with way more than I thought I would get, and that year turned out to be my most productive ever. 

Congrats on a great beach season! 👍🏼

Thanks, I feel the same way. I didn't make a certain number, but it was my best season for beach silver ever.

8 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Once again another nice hunt for you with some good silver at that.

I would love to see the silver cleaned up some if you have time to do that.

Good luck on your next spot and may the coin Gods be with you.

Silver cleaning is going to be for my grand kids 😄 I may get to it, but I'm getting into my other jobs season and time is going to be very limited.

7 hours ago, mn90403 said:

That is a good 'final hunt' but I bet you hit 200 the first trip back ... won't that still be in 2021?  haha

Now, where do you go until Labor Day?

😄 Yep still 2021, so I can cheat if I want. 🤔 Now I guess I'll try park hunting with the Equinox which has been gathering dust. I have a small park in mind, so Equinox first and then the GPX to try and get the deep stuff. I have pulled a couple of large cents from this place. But in reality, I have some work related moves that probably will chew up my time this summer. I want them gone by fall so I can cheat and reach my 200 goal 👍

52 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Sorry 'bout that Chief !!!

Missed it by THAT much....

Maybe you didn't miss it ...try counting again ! Sure wasn't due to lack of effort..!

I will count again, and may "miscount" just to make me feel good..... You know - participation trophy 😄 Actually there is a Canadian dime I did not count because I think it too new and is clad. I will have to research it more but I'm pretty sure it's clad and not partially silver. The effort is so that I can keep me strong enough to get as many years as possible out of this aging body. I want to hunt for as long as my brain and body allows.

• Like 2

So here are the silver totals for the year and for 3 seasons from this one beach. Clad pictured is only from this season. For people new to the hobby, try and never think something is hunted out. Eventually it may end up that way, but don't limit yourself to that thinking. I would have never guessed there is this much left at a beach. It's true that the shallow stuff gets hunted out rather quickly by regular hunters, but there are areas and depths that are still original. The color of the coins tell me these are not recent drops and that they have been there from about the 40's thru the 80's. Who knows, once I clean all that  clad in the tumbler, I may pick up a stray War nickel in the bunch. 😁

P5270218.JPG

P5270219.JPG

P5270221.JPG

P5270224.JPG

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 2

So , you got skunked ....Is that all there was ? 

Yer skembarasskn' me ! skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

C'mon depositors !    Gettin' close,, I can already smell the targets ..