AQ Saved Another Small Gold Ring

Nice finds, the ring is awesome and love the buffalo. Surprising good shape, is this saltwater?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mikeguard01 said:

I noticed if I released my hand off of the grip and grab it again it would sound off. I could release my grip and just tap the foam with my finger and it would sound off each time.

Nice hunt! Wonder if there is any relation to signal emitters in the area and wet salt conductivity paths? ... understand I'm reaching with that. In any case that seems a strange phenomena. Did you try turning sensitivity down?

10 hours ago, tvr said:

Nice hunt! Wonder if there is any relation to signal emitters in the area and wet salt conductivity paths? ... understand I'm reaching with that. In any case that seems a strange phenomena. Did you try turning sensitivity down?

This spot is maybe the worse on earth, everything from pollution, no targets, bull sharks, and surrounded by many possible issues. This is the spot I've taken a few and they told me to never bring them back because there are no targets to be heard...............😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Beautiful ring Mike. Looks like an older design too. Odd about the grip. Wonder how that plays into reports of bad EMI. Maybe a solvable issue.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice finds, the ring is awesome and love the buffalo. Surprising good shape, is this saltwater?

Brackish water. Nickels hold up pretty well, but silver and copper are pretty ate up. The buffalo looks like it wasn't in circulation long since the date (1937) was raised.

21 hours ago, tvr said:

Power lines in the area do give me some EMI problems, but that's the only thing in the area. No, I didn't change the sensitivity stayed out in deeper water for the rest of the hunt.

10 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Mike you are shining with that AQ!! Got to love a machine that can come into a barren beach and find gold, much less targets. WTG!

Thank Joe. The AQ is a beast. I'm hoping it will bring those heavily hunted areas back to life. The more I use it the better I like it.

9 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Beautiful ring Mike. Looks like an older design too. Odd about the grip. Wonder how that plays into reports of bad EMI. Maybe a solvable issue.

Thank's, it's nice and quiet when submerged. Hunting this place with the Excal as soon as the coil was out of the water it would go nuts.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

This spot is maybe the worse on earth, everything from pollution, no targets, bull sharks, and surrounded by many possible issues. This is the spot I've taken a few and they told me to never bring them back because there are no targets to be heard...............😆

I can't get anyone to come back here either. Good test bed for extreme depth.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mikeguard01 said:

I can't get anyone to come back here either. Good test bed for extreme depth.

I wish the GPX was waterproof. I would love to see how it handled at a target free beach like that. Minus the sharks of course😬

• Like 1

• The title was changed to AQ Saved Another Small Gold Ring