Gold Screamer Battery Kit for GPX

I have a claim that has lots of very tall thick brush. Tired of getting caught on all the branches. So I ordered a Gold Screamer battery kit for my 4800. Since I am very protective of my GPX I thought I would ask for reviews from others before I used the Gold Screamer. Anyone have any problems using it with there GPX?

Thanks in advance.

Steve 

I have not had the Gold Screamer. I have had 2 pocket rocket systems which I believe is the same thing without the amplifier. The system I used on my 3500 was golden, worked great with zero problems. Wish I could say the same for the system I put on my GPX. Pure junk. That sucker loved to ruin $50 batteries. I tried to give it to Klunker as payback for some mean things he said to me, LOL, but he was wise to my ploy, instead he tried to convince me I should take his Gold Screamer from his 5000 which was also total junk and try to combine it all into a workable system. I wasn't drinking that Kool-aid. I think we both are lugging the stock battery around now.

That is only my experience and I am sure there are plenty of Gold Screamers out there providing wonderful trouble free service to their owners. Good luck with yours......

• Like 1

Goldbrick is telling the truth and is also correct this time so maybe there is hope for his beleaguered soul. I didn't ever have damage to my detectors but I had continuous battery failures and one charger nearly caused a fire. It was almost a year before the burned smell of the faulty charger was gone from the room. Twice I had batteries that reversed the screen on my detector- light letters and dark background. They would also loose contact frequently and shut down the detector. If you had a long day of detecting and used 3 batteries there was not enough time over night to recharge all 3 unless you had 3 chargers. The one big advantage was a distinct improvement to the audio clarity.

A good idea with a bad plan.

I assume you mean Doc's gold screamer. Ive never had any issues with mine on the 5000. I have 2 batteries and I never use them both up in a whole day. I like the feel of not being tied to my detector. I dont wear a harness , bunji. The gold screamer is lightweight and I can swing the 5000 all day . Only thing is once in a while when I charge a battery. The charger dont shut off automatically. Good luck

CaGld; Please promise you'll charge your batteries where no harm will be done if the charger over heats. The system was great for the brush and really ugly detecting areas and, like you, I swing a detector without support aids (even the GPZ). But I just had too many long hikes back to the Jeep to get my stock battery.

I believe I still have some batteries laying around. Would you like to have them? (may or may not be good).

When I am detecting with a GPX and using the excavator I will put the stock battery inside the detector cover with a short cord. I saves a lot of hassle and time putting on and taking off a battery belt and it sill weighs less than a 7000.

I did not buy it from Doc's however it is the Doc's Gold Screamer.  Has Doc's logo on the amp.

Contains:

7000 mAh Premium Lithium Ion Batteries* x 2

Gold Screamer Power Pack Amplifier x 1

Deluxe AC/DC Battery Charger x 1

Control Box Cover w/ Integrated Pouch x 1

Goldgetter,

I will let you try your first.

Well I've used it once before I got rid of my dd coil and it seemed great! Cords drive me crazy! I know docs said he improved or found a better charger. He said they were having alot of issues with the old ones. You can charge two batteries at once. Only thing I could say negative so far is it comes with a rubber band thingy to hold the battery in place, seems like it would only be needed if charging in the car on a bumpy road. When hooked to the amplifyer it stuffs into the side pouch nice and tight.