Memorial Weekend Contest, Win A Minelab GPX 6000 Dream

Last entry, #4. It’s been interesting to see what other people are doing and finding. Thanks for the magnanimous Memorial Day contest.

D53B5FA5-E6F6-4401-8733-9B1747544E12.jpeg

A61D9931-F065-4D43-835B-099B0BCCD459.jpeg

• Like 8

Thanks to Gerry for holding this Monster of a contest !

I got totally rained out so didn't enter but I DID find two clad dimes and two pennies today ! 

One of the pennies was even CANADIAN !  But I'm not putting it in my mouth  ......Skuh kuh kuh kuh

Can't wait to see who won !!!!!!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Dagwood said:

Thank You Veterans! Thank You Gerry! The Big Nugget from Saturday & 2

others from Sunday before Getting Too Hot! Metal Detecting is more Fun when you actually find something. Yahoo!

DSCF4554.JPG

I know the GB2 is the all time popular classic, but that photo brings back lots of memories and for me the GM2 was the classic of that era, today I visited an old GM2 patch on bony ground that no detector until the 6000 has managed to better. GB2s, SDs, Xs, Monster, Zs, Z/X combos.

• Like 4

Gerry-thanks for running the contest and I also want to say THANK YOU to all that have served and continue to serve.  Your service and sacrifice is greatly appreciated.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Just so you all know, I ran out of Likes today so please don’t be offended.

First and foremost.  I cannot say in words...because I don't think there are enough and or I don't know the proper way to say it.

But as a Marine and one who signed up knowing the ultimate sacrifice could be... and then hearing the news of a few USMC brothers who never came home, my heart goes out to those families and loved ones.

Memorial Day is a proud day for many, yet heart-wrenching somber for others as each of us treat it differently.  There's not... it's easy as black or white, right or wrong in my mind as some of us have never taken the knock on the door that tears our heart out.  But yes, so many have had to go through that pain and agony.   Memorial Day means so much to so many and in a variety of ways.  All I can do is thank each of you who did post pics, stories and tributes to your loved ones and those who gave their all. I salute you.

Now onto our freedoms of this fine forum, the ability for members to go out and make new memories with family/friends or be solitude how you desire.  We had a pretty good turn out for this contest and there were a few 1st timers making comments, posting pics and having fun.  It’s good to get new faces/names on DP and active with what we all enjoy (detecting and gold).  Yes I realize we have some highly successful Swingers and I thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise for all of us to learn.  Also, I see some young blood newer names who joined in the fun and I hope each of you continue to ask questions and share your experiences as you progress and get better.  It’s the asking, sharing, bouncing off ideas/knowledge that eventually helps us all become better with our detectors.  You must realize, even guys like Steve H and I who have been chasing nuggets with detectors for 25 yrs and a few members even longer (especially you Aussie mates), but the reality is….we were all greenhorns at one time and dumb as a rock.  Eventually down the road, we’ll be old and not so nimble, so we’ll be looking for you newer gold chasers to help keep our fire and dreams/desire going.

The tally – My count showed approx. 60 names went into the drawing for the Dream.

The winner of the Dream GPX-6000?  Everyone who entered, posted, commented and yes even you Northeast & Norvic.  I thank you all.

The winner of the new Minelab Gold Monster 1000 is…… Jeff McClendon.  Jeff, please call Gerry’s Detectors so I may get this Monster sent out to you.

Again, thanks everyone for posting pics, sharing memories, family stories & contributions to those who gave the ultimate.

Hopefully down the road I’ll be able to meet some of you out in the gold fields and we can make some memories and dig a few nuggies.  Then we can share pics, stories and knowledge for others to glean.  Happy Hunting all.

Thanks, Gerry

Gerry's Detectors

208-345-8898

www.gerrysdetectors.com 

Gold Detector Field Training

Genuine Metal Detecting Experts

Thank you Gerry for the words of wisdom and your service!  Your generosity and encouragement are appreciated.  Have a great day!

• Like 2

Thanks Gerry.  Well done.

• Like 2