Legend Of Croc Gold

Who has seen the videos of "Legend of Croc Gold" done in Bougainville Papua New Guinea and how did you get to see it (what links have you got to see it) I spent time there from Feb 1973 to Sep 1979 when I was young and fearless what a great and rewarding time it was for my family and self.

• Like 4

I'll be in touch Geof, I can sort you out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2021 at 4:31 AM, geof_junk said:

Who has seen the videos of "Legend of Croc Gold" done in Bougainville Papua New Guinea and how did you get to see it (what links have you got to see it) I spent time there from Feb 1973 to Sep 1979 when I was young and fearless what a great and rewarding time it was for my family and self.

Do you remember your pidgen????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Do you remember your pidgen????

I was not fluent in it, language not being my strong point. There were many funny uses of Pidgin such as lik lik haus sik for hospital, die = sick and die pinish  for dead.

10468361_10203586015426440_2196085104702964794_n.thumb.jpg.8fb0945e2e978b9f81991db3950b6254.jpg

• Like 2

I was on the main island in mid 2000's----

Working with New Tribes Missions-- quite an eye opener-- the country, the people, the landscape, the language...... dispela day..... dispel day...   This is THE day!

I would go to Bouganville .... maybe i could hire a boater to drop me off over in West OZ.... i could wash ashore like a refugee-- surely you all dont still send people to Manis Island ,,,,do you???

• Haha 1

Wat yo tink bunjee, yo bin dere, Yo go Manis no go par go, pinish por sur. 

• Haha 3

And then of course you also have Croc Diamonds......

As every self-respecting local in N.E. Angola knows all this stuff about diamonds forming at huge depths and temperatures is just BS and diamonds are really made in the heads of crocodiles. It stands to reason after all.. diamonds are found in rivers and crocs live in rivers. Croc dies, decomposes and his diamonds stay in the river. Nevertheless it came as a big surprise one day back in the '80's when the diamond security police carried a large sack into the plant office and dumped a very decomposed croc on the floor and asked the manager to get the stones out of its head. The manager was a fairly volatile Sicilian so you can guess his response.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1