Old Nc Farmhouse Hunt Continues

54 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I got better... πŸ˜€

Went to the farmhouse yesterday and today. I feel like I'm at a beach, and it's ironic that it's Memorial Day weekend and I'm finding lots of memorials. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ The campground is full of Veterans, flags everywhere honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can enjoy the freedom we have.

Yesterday I dug the oldest coin so far, a wheat from the 40s, along with .46 in other newer coins:

20210528_161031.thumb.jpg.721cf15593ea237898ebaafd489fc4e5.jpg

20210529_151930.thumb.jpg.d6d9ef22cd95fcb229696d6fd95b47bf.jpg

Trash was minimal. Got a big brass spline bushing, and a few bits of molten aluminum and other junk, a couple of sinkers. The best finds of the day:

20210528_213956.thumb.jpg.7829c72a4fa3675213ddf68240cbbaaa.jpg

Copper or brass duck medallions and a copper electric lineman's loop nut. A Power company guy called it out as I dug it. The ducks may have been either prizes or on dog collars. Or something... πŸ€”

The ground here is easy to dig except for roots, but it's sandy loam that feels like talc. Very fine dust.20210529_104517.thumb.jpg.73ec9adc291aa265b3931cdd091faa80.jpg

Today's finds were off the charts for me:

20210529_151147.thumb.jpg.3e1a8998fa3d7ade968a1d90fdd75d62.jpg

An old Lesney Matchbox Mercedes Trailer toy, a small octagonal compact, an aluminum token of some kind so encrusted it's unreadable, and 61 cents in modern coins.

20210529_151336.thumb.jpg.24bb2a2cb4c9fd3be7f10191e057adc5.jpg

I tried all suggestions and found @rod-pa's to be the most productive. Using my usual program with all metal off and going really slow allowed me to retrieve the dime in a hole full of nails. I only turned all metal on to verify that iron was present, but something better was also. I want to thank everyone yet again for all their help.

20210529_125136.thumb.jpg.767339ef32f67bdc9116725a12f30019.jpg

Those thunderstorms ended the day.

Β 

Β 

Nice hunt. The ducks andΒ trailer are really cool finds. I love finding stuff like that. You could try to flatten the duck out but it might break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Nice hunt. The ducks andΒ trailer are really cool finds. I love finding stuff like that. You could try to flatten the duck out but it might break.

Thanks. I'm considering it, the ducks face left and right. I love finding stuff like this too, it's crazy what is out there.

• Like 2

More great finds for you and I hope they keep coming.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

More great finds for you and I hope they keep coming.

Good luck on your next outing.

Thanks. I'd like to find some silver, it's gotta be here - the wheat penny was the clue.

I think I may be missing the ID's that silver would come up as. May try other suggestions, it's probably deeper. Most of the newer coins are 4-6" deep, perhaps the silvers are going to give lower ID's than usual.

I've been digging all solid hits 15 and up that aren't surface, there's too much can slaw on top.Β  For sure a new quarter is a 31-32 and a new dime is 25-26. I know I'm missing nickels.

At least the digging is easy. They say the Gigmaster was here but I don't know what he found or where. Thing is I don't want to trash the place. I might want to come back! πŸ˜€

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

If there is not a lot of iron and EMI is low, hit it with 4 khz SF.

Thanks Chase! There is no EMI, I can run the machine at 24 sensitivity and it's still quiet. Great suggestion! I've tried it before. I use it a lot to check targets to see if they go low. I've read about others using it specifically. Would the IDs be much different?

Last day tomorrow. Brutal weather today, I'm sure you got a taste of it. Didn't stop raining/misting here until 6PM and it's 57 out with a 24mph wind. 😡

• Like 2

Just now, rvpopeye said:

Rained out here too !Β 

Yeah, that low blew up the weekend for the whole East Coast. Figuratively and literally.

• Like 1