Old Nc Farmhouse Hunt Continues

1 minute ago, rvpopeye said:

Why'd you "like " that ^ ? 

Ohhhhh , I know , don't want me to make you look bad ! skuh kuh kuh kuh

FIFY 🤪

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Would the IDs be much different?

Wouldn't expect the ID's to be much different, but you might punch down a little deeper at 4k and hit something that is on the edge of detection in multi.  Silver is the first thing that gets stripped when a place has been previously detected as it is the easiest type of target to cherry pick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I think I may be missing the ID's that silver would come up as.

I think you are using the nox 600 or 800, did you get the latest update a few months ago?

When I had done it most of my silver started coming up as a 20-23 for the dimes. Trimes were at 18-20 on average for my 800. Hope you can figure it out and come up with some nice finds.

Good luck and stay safe this holiday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I think you are using the nox 600 or 800, did you get the latest update a few months ago?

When I had done it most of my silver started coming up as a 20-23 for the dimes. Trimes were at 18-20 on average for my 800. Hope you can figure it out and come up with some nice finds.

Good luck and stay safe this holiday.

Yep, first thing I did was update it to V3.

Heading out this morning to try 4 kHz. Think I'm gonna stick to the farmhouse, the water is pretty rough.

• Like 1

My ears are fond of the high conductors, thanks to some hearing loss! Probably can be said of many as we age, or damaged thru the years, working around loud sounds! But I'm several decades late for the silver rush! That's on me! 

I like your variety of finds! You are getting on very well with the Nox! Keep up the good work!

Since the dog days of summer are here, the A/C is preferred over swimming through the humidity and heat! Even the pool is already uncomfortably hot!🥵 About the only thing that will get me out now will be a big storm to eat away at the replenished beaches! Looks like many of the states will be suffering the heat wave this year! Be careful, and drink lots of fluids! Heat exhaustion/stroke, and kidney stones are no joke!👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

My ears are fond of the high conductors, thanks to some hearing loss! Probably can be said of many as we age, or damaged thru the years, working around loud sounds! But I'm several decades late for the silver rush! That's on me! 

I like your variety of finds! You are getting on very well with the Nox! Keep up the good work!

Since the dog days of summer are here, the A/C is preferred over swimming through the humidity and heat! Even the pool is already uncomfortably hot!🥵 About the only thing that will get me out now will be a big storm to eat away at the replenished beaches! Looks like many of the states will be suffering the heat wave this year! Be careful, and drink lots of fluids! Heat exhaustion/stroke, and kidney stones are no joke!👍👍

We had a low come through up here that dropped the Mercury into the 50s last night, right now it's 67 and breezy.

Thanks Joe, I'm with ya. Got plenty of water and bug spray, been tagged by one tick so far. That makes four this year! Gonna get checked for Lyme disease when I get home.

I'm out right now, finding more cool stuff for the big wrap up. 😀

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 8:39 AM, F350Platinum said:

Thanks. I'd like to find some silver, it's gotta be here - the wheat penny was the clue.

I think I may be missing the ID's that silver would come up as. May try other suggestions, it's probably deeper. Most of the newer coins are 4-6" deep, perhaps the silvers are going to give lower ID's than usual.

16 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Wouldn't expect the ID's to be much different, but you might punch down a little deeper at 4k and hit something that is on the edge of detection in multi.  Silver is the first thing that gets stripped when a place has been previously detected as it is the easiest type of target to cherry pick.

I agree with Chase here.  Especially larger silver coins (quarters and up) get cherry-picked by about everyone.  If you're finding Wheaties then there should be silver dimes.  (Yes, some super-duper detectorists with super-duper detectors will discriminate between those....)  I've never tried hunting in 4kHz since I don't want to skip the USA nickels and 4kHz really gives weird TID's on deeper nickels.

You may just be dealing with statistics of small numbers.  As far as Wheats vs. silver dimes, since I started keeping a log in 2017 my up-to-date park&schoolyard counts are 294 Wheats and 42 silver dimes, which turns out to be exactly 7::1.  (Talk about random processes.  :biggrin:)  In that same time period I've only found 2 silver quarters (one was from an unsearched homesite) and zilch of any higher denomination.  Another indication that my sites have been cherry-picked.

Keep pounding away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

been tagged by one tick so far. That makes four this year! Gonna get checked for Lyme disease when I get home.

Aww man,😔 I heard about the huge tick outbreak this year! Supposedly the same here in the woods! But I haven't been out in the woods since hunting season, so only fleas, an mosquitos to deal with! And the occasional iguana!

Yeah, get checked; lyme is no joke either! Would be nice to have A preventative vaccine for that too! But probably not profitable enough for big pharma!👍👍

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Yeah, get checked; lyme is no joke either! Would be nice to have A preventative vaccine for that too! But probably not profitable enough for big pharma!

There is one in clinical trials

https://valneva.com/research-development/lyme-disease/

• Thanks 2