XP Orx Ip Rating?

Kelpike

52 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

It does not have a rating.  Not water resistant.

I thought it would have some kind of rating, even if it is very low. I have the silicone case but I do not like to use it because it is hard to see the screen. I am very careful with it if it starts to rain but I am concerned about the dust. It does seem to attract its share of dust.

• Like 1

Rick N. MI had a waterproof kit, not sure what that involved.

It has a scratch protection on the front so it should be ok and if that wears out I think it came with an extra.

30 minutes ago, Kelpike said:

I thought it would have some kind of rating, even if it is very low. I have the silicone case but I do not like to use it because it is hard to see the screen. I am very careful with it if it starts to rain but I am concerned about the dust. It does seem to attract its share of dust.

To my knowledge XP has never specified IP ratings for its gear.

I've put my Deus control box through dusty/muddy hell since 2015 - still going strong.  Don't worry about the dust.  The silicone cover is terrible for the very reason you cite, the screen portion gets micro scratches and obscures tge screen.  Suggest investing in one of the various slip-on ballistic nylon covers with a plastic screen protector.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kac said:

Rick N. MI had a waterproof kit, not sure what that involved.

It has a scratch protection on the front so it should be ok and if that wears out I think it came with an extra.

I would have thought that there would be some kind of rating, even if it is low. I purchased the waterproof kit but have not used it yet. It uses a large waterproof bag to protect the unit from water.

1 minute ago, Chase Goldman said:

To my knowledge XP has never specified IP ratings for its gear.

I've put my Deus control box through dusty/muddy hell since 2015 - still going strong.  Don't worry about the dust.  The silicone cover is terrible for the very reason you cite, the screen portion gets micro scratches and obscures tge screen.  Suggest investing in one of the various slip-on ballistic nylon covers with a plastic screen protectors.

It is a relief to read about your Deus. I've been worried about the dust. I guess I will try and find a cover that does not obscure the screen.

1 hour ago, Kelpike said:

It is a relief to read about your Deus. I've been worried about the dust. I guess I will try and find a cover that does not obscure the screen.

I do have a waterproof case with a flexible front membrane that allows me to manipulate the buttons for the control box if things get really nasty/wet.  I epoxied the mount clip cover to the back of the case so it clips onto the stem.

You can search for newer versions of this case on Google or eBay. Try Aryca Tide or Aryca Wave cases.  

image.png.da8e727a23bada138082e78e70cb19be.png

The stem mount clip cover may or may not have been included with your stem.

It is the flat item in the lower left of the pic below.  Just epoxy it to your waterproof case and you can mount the whole thing on the stem.

image.png.89cc06c92327954b8d17120bbf889b99.png

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I do have a waterproof case with a flexible front membrane that allows me to manipulate the buttons for the control box if things get really nasty/wet.  I epoxied the mount clip cover to the back of the case so it clips onto the stem.

The case is hard to find now or is overpriced:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NWGZIG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_DHV4PAGW964AR0NKKJB6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

That looks pretty sweet. Just my luck that the pink is only 20 but the black is over 60. On the flip side, I don't mind spending a little extra if I'm getting a quality product. Could you please post a pic with your Deus in the case?

30 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

See my edited post above.  You can find them cheaper on ebay.  I am pretty sure the Aryca Tide IV will fit and they are about $15 in any one of 5 colors.

20210530_220824.jpg

I'm almost positive that mine came with the clip cover. I like that the case is only slightly bigger than the control unit. Thank you for the recommendation and the picture. I will be ordering one in the morning.

• Like 1