Second-first Day With The New Nugget Finder 12" Round Z Searchcoil For GPZ 7000

• The title was changed to Second-first Day With The New Nugget Finder 12" Round Z Searchcoil For GPZ 7000

15 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

Congrats on all the new NF Z Searchoil owners and new ones to come!

Love the coil, Rob. First day got me 4 pickers, one weighs 1.3g. My first impression is that the coil appears to be more sensitive than the stock coil, somewhat less prone to EMI but still salt sensitive however (not unexpectedly). The reduced weight is definitely a plus. More field testing will come next week. But thus far I am super impressed.

• Like 2

Hey Gold Catcher,

Ya, I gotten a lot of feedback so far, everyone is super impressed by then.  I love the fact it's even more sensitive, but the biggest factor is the weight overall of the GPZ 7000, so the lighter coil makes it easy hunting without a bungee all day for me.  

Here are a few more pictures of the first coil I got, notice the logo is slightly a bit different than the new one.  

IMG_2539 (1).jpg

IMG_2545 (1).jpg

• Like 8

Yours has the same logo as mine, I believe that was the logo used on the first batch then it changed over to a new logo for some reason.

151839568_285373489590749_7959686294762837474_n.thumb.jpg.697d6993bcdfd4cfe87a360b429e9ff7.jpg

• Like 4

How do you like the NF, Simon? I know you have a preference for the X-coils, just wondering how it measures up in your view ?

• Like 2

The main difference I found between it and the standard GPZ coil was the weight, noticeably lighter.   I think with coils the standard rules apply for most coils though with the same winding type, the smaller the coil the more sensitive to small gold and that's what I've been finding.

It's a good thing for people that find the standard coil heavy, and now with the lightweight 6000 out anything to lighten up the 7000 a bit sure doesn't hurt and the NF coil feels a fair bit lighter 🙂 

I've only used it a couple of times prospecting, other than that just some experimenting and comparing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments.  

Phrunt - Yep, I had the first version for the test coil and now I have the newer logo version.  

AfreakofNature - I never heard of any price before hand, but figured they were going to be around $1,000 or so basing it off of what the stock replacement coil costs and the 19" coil at $1500.  

• Like 2