Looks like a half descent run. Last year I picked up a pair of 9v lithium poly rechargable batteries for my Profind. The last nearly double an alkaline. Might be worth snagging some for your pp.

Did you try digging the gold signals? Sometimes it could be just some balled up foil that sounds deeper and has a good signal. That the ocean?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

Looks like a half descent run. Last year I picked up a pair of 9v lithium poly rechargable batteries for my Profind. The last nearly double an alkaline. Might be worth snagging some for your pp.

Did you try digging the gold signals? Sometimes it could be just some balled up foil that sounds deeper and has a good signal. That the ocean?

Thanks, I'll never get to the level you guys do, but I'm getting better. 😀

I knew the battery was getting low, but the sun was too. Got 9v batteries in my RV. 

I tried them all, but when I hit the hard pan I stopped because I didn't want to mix it with the sand. I'll ask the maintenance people tomorrow if that's ok. I did pull a broken soda can and a lot of other sharp aluminum out of there. In some places the sand is 6-8" deep, others about 2". I wish it was consistent. I hadn't asked If I could do what I did but they have said yes to everything so far and no one stopped me. They love seeing what I find!

It's Currituck Sound. Deepest spot is 13'. It's between the Outer Banks and the island that I'm on. Really nice RV park.

• Like 5

I really enjoyed the background info. Thanks.

• Like 1

Another great find in your pocket, loved the pictures and the story behind them.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ever use a digging mat for the fussy stuff? I made one out of a piece of rubber roofing, cut it into a 12"x12" square, rounded the corners and put a finger hole in one corner so I can carry it easier. Dirt slides right back to the hole nice and it doesn't blow around in the wind. It always lays out flat even after being rolled up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kac said:

Ever use a digging mat for the fussy stuff? I made one out of a piece of rubber roofing, cut it into a 12"x12" square, rounded the corners and put a finger hole in one corner so I can carry it easier. Dirt slides right back to the hole nice and it doesn't blow around in the wind. It always lays out flat even after being rolled up.

Been considering that. I'm pretty good at plugging, they're telling me that it is like I haven't been here. They can't find my holes. 😀 I keep asking them and they keep saying it's ok. Diggers paradise.

I've been considering using a towel or a Frisbee or a gold pan. Might just do that, here especially I have to dig out some dust if the target is deep. Luckily it rained about 3-4" the day before yesterday, so all my original original holes are gone. 🤗

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KellycoDetectors said:

The ginger ale tag is neat! Too bad the ammo's shot to heck, finding 380 is kind of hard these days.

If pistols were muskets they'd be no problem 😀 I'm so glad they're not. Bet the ammo is still good too. I've found a couple of 9mm shells, but nothing live. 😵

Thanks, the person who owns the website I got the history from will be contacted. Too rare an object!

• Like 1