Metal Detecting For Gold Nuggets And Old Coin’s And Relic’s

“Look of a reason to dig not for an excuse not to dig”

Don`t you wish after a tiring, hot day you could remember that one rule rather than the cold drink that is waiting. Bloody cold drink wins most the time, but heh gives you a dig for first up in next morn.

• Like 2

I believe Rye Patch Ron has some very good information for anyone starting out or is average in using a metal detector. When you become a professional  is when you learn to read between the lines on information that anyone may offer you on your search to better yourself. In fact that applies to anything a person reads today.

• Like 2

Having known Ron for many years, I can certainly vouch for his sincerity and genuine effort to contribute to the knowledge base that makes this such a great forum. He has a wealth of experience to share with those eager to learn about our fantastic hobby. I for one am proud to call him a friend and have the privilege of serving with him on Team Nugget Busters for Gerry's Detectors, one of the best detector dealers on the planet. Anyone can check Gerry's track record and see that he is one of the highest volume dealers, second to none in customer service, and the fact that he doesn't even advertise in any of the gold magazines itself should speak volumes. Sorry Steve, but I just had to get my blatant plug in there!

• Like 3

Crikey, I feel like a Pro at times but then I remember the wife`s rolling pin. Why`s everyone looking at me !!!!!!!

Great write-up Ron! I am a repeat offender and have been personally trained by Gerry, Ron and Lunk in 3 different 3-day training classes and learned many new things each time.  When I read Ron's words, I found myself nodding YES in every paragraph. I bought my first GPX and didn't have the benefit of professional training and guess what...I didn't find any gold! That quickly changed after my first training class and I took alot of notes that I still use today to refresh my memory after a long winter in Colorado. I have built quite a library and still read information on detecting like a new kid in a library. I'm still learning from the pros and will always be open to new tips. Thank you for your service to the nugget hunting profession. :D  :minelab: = :nugget:

Bill

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Metal Detecting For Gold Nuggets And Old Coin’s And Relic’s