Nice hunting again with some good results for you.

Glad to see some people that are able to get out there and have some fun.

Good luck on your next hunt and happy hunting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

With all you dig up on what seems like EVERY HUNT !

I guess you should be getting good at the elusive "invisible plug"  .

Another stellar day for ya !!

Thanks! I don't post if I don't find anything interesting, or don't have a thought or experience that might benefit someone.

I've had a few skunk days, but for the most part research and a bit of good will can go far. As long as they don't let me grid this place it will never be hunted out, I never got in the water. It's full of "depositors" every year, and that old house has a lot of history and secrets.

If you can get permission to hunt the remote parts of RV parks you will find a lot. We are a benefit to them, I picked up a lot of trash both metal and not. Showed them what we do, and they get it. I'm not saying hunt campsites unless you are willing to be careful and not leave a trace.

Sports areas, boat launches, old home sites are all a part of these parks. Most have a beach of some sort, and even the state parks will sometimes let you hunt a man-made beach. Guess I'm on a one-man crusade to promote metal detecting at these places! 😀

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Raphis said:

Cool, old coin that’s got plenty of character even though you can’t see much detail....looks like it was punched with a square nail....nice wheels too!! 👍🏼

Heh, thanks! That cart benefits and old man more than I want to write. Wish they made a metal detecting flag that would keep people away like "diver down". 😀

• Like 4

I rotated that copper to maybe show a head. Also the small circled area almost looks like an number or letter.

20210601_202102.thumb.jpg.ee945099ef94e15e5564380984cda98a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I rotated that copper to maybe show a head. Also the small circled area almost looks like an number or letter.

20210601_202102.thumb.jpg.ee945099ef94e15e5564380984cda98a.jpg

Thanks. It's 29mm, so I think it's a large cent, from 1793 to 1836 they were that size. King George coins were a bit larger, 30mm. It weighs 8.4g.

Sad we'll probably never know which one.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks. It's 29mm, so I think it's a large cent, from 1793 to 1836 they were that size. King George coins were a bit larger, 30mm. It weighs 8.4g.

Sad we'll probably never know which one.

F350, I have started some rather extreme attempts to remove metal and get below the pitting to see what can be seen on some of my really bad large cents.  I'll let you know if any of them work.

• Like 1