Very nice Eagle button, especially in that hot dirt!👍

Aaron

Thank you! I am happy with that find!  On a hill side in the red dirt.  🙂 more hunts coming up in the near future in the red dirt.  I can’t wait! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2021 at 3:26 PM, Dug2gld said:

Thank you! I am happy with that find!  On a hill side in the red dirt.  🙂 more hunts coming up in the near future in the red dirt.  I can’t wait! 

Have you had a chance to hunt that Red dirt some more? What is the GB & what settings have you found to work well. Any Iron to deal with? I have a MDT 8000 that should be here tomorrow to run in my East Texas Red dirt sites.

• Like 1

Red dirt (relic hunting) is on hold until fall. Crops are in.  I have a 5 day hunt coming up in November that will be extremely red.  lol I’m hoping the tarsacci will find the deep targets. Around my area in VA we have soft sandy soil and the Tarsacci loves the deep brass in those conditions.  The tarsacci does very well in the iron.  Awesome target separation. I was picking colonial buttons in an area we have hit several times in the iron.  GB on this machine is very easy and it’s necessary. I found myself GB more often in the red dirt. I hope you got the 12 inch coil. It’s a great coil and the one I use.  Even in the iron.  I’ll snap shot my settings.  And post the pic.  

• Like 1

These are the settings I followed in the red dirt. And made some adjustments as needed. I like the 18khz.  This is a copy from another digger that used the Tarsacci in Culpeper at the DIV. 

Settings were 12 and 18 KHz, threshold -2, sensitivity 7, Black Sand OFF, salt balance 44, ground balance 552 (which surprised me), Disc mode with disc set at -30. The Tarsacci with the above settings ran quiet and stable.  

Thanks for the reply. I am looking forward to learning this new machine/tech. How do you set up for the sandy ground and/or nails? I have some sugar sand sites too, most with a good bit of small iron & nails.

Basically I use the same settings and adjust when needed.  The gb and the salt balance will be the important adjustments, And frequency of course. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2021 at 10:17 AM, JCR said:

Have you had a chance to hunt that Red dirt some more? What is the GB & what settings have you found to work well. Any Iron to deal with? I have a MDT 8000 that should be here tomorrow to run in my East Texas Red dirt sites.

No. Long summer. But fall is coming and the fields are opening. Will be able to get back out there with the tarsacci soon.  The tarsacci loves the deep brass and works well in the iron. Target separation was awesome with the 12 inch coil.  I’ll post the settings. 

• Like 1

I wish someone would invite my Tarsacci out to one of those Chesapeake fields. 😇

• Haha 1