Update, More Info... Out Of Warranty Nox 800 Pod Replacement

• The title was changed to Out Of Warranty Nox 800 Pod Replacement Info.

46 minutes ago, midalake said:

To be clear, this is a price for an Equinox 800?  

Yes the 800, I didn't ask about the 600.

• Like 1

They are only available when trying to get out of warranty repairs completed, right? In other words, can we buy control pods a la carte?

9 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

They are only available when trying to get out of warranty repairs completed, right? In other words, can we buy control pods a la carte?

I was a little pressed for time because I was getting ready to walk into work, I also wanted to talk to her about a replacement battery as well. If and when she called me back, I'll try to get a price on the 600 pod, the price of a battery and if we can buy the Pod out right.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

was a little pressed for time because I was getting ready to walk into work, I also wanted to talk to her about a replacement battery as well. If and when she called me back, I'll try to get a price on the 600 pod, the price of a battery and if we can buy the Pod out right.

Oh, I didn't mean to impose! Your initial post has gone above and beyond already. 🙂

16 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

Oh, I didn't mean to impose! Your initial post has gone above and beyond already. 🙂

No problem, it was a spur of the moment call, I actually didn't expect to get a hold of anybody. I will post more info when it becomes available.

• Like 4

I've already asked Minelab if I could buy a replacement pod only as I have multiple coils and a share shaft and arm cuff.  Minelab said NO.  They will not just sell a pod, only if the detector you own is faulty and out of warranty will they sell you a replacement pod, I would assume once they've verified yours is dead.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

They will not just sell a pod, only if the detector you own is faulty and out of warranty will they sell you a replacement pod, I would assume once they've verified yours is dead.

That's what I figured. 

Buying a brand new coil for $230 then an Equinox 800 control pod for $225 (or even $350)? Definitely way too good to be true.

You've had 3 pod replacements in how many years? I had one within the first couple of months after getting mine 2.5 years ago. Since then no issues and I have put very serious use on mine. I did trade for another 800 lately as mainly a backup because I got rid of all my other detectors. Were your issues water related or something? That seems like a lot if they just died. With all the use I have put on my original unit the battery seems to have held up well. I don't let it get very low before a recharge.

• The title was changed to Update, More Info...out Of Warranty Nox 800 Pod Replacement.
  • The title was changed to Update, More Info... Out Of Warranty Nox 800 Pod Replacement